Sign in to follow this  
mike movila

How old is to old to be in cleaning restoration business

Question

I was just thinking the other day and asking  myself how long I wanted to be cleaning since I am approaching 50. I would like to hear from those folks who are a lot older than me and see their thoughts 

11 answers to this question

Knocking on 57 here and I guess you just have to listen to your bones.
I'll be going for a while but I am learning to let the hired hands do the most arduous tasks and
select those that are specialized and less of a deficit to my body for myself.

Rod

Knee pads! Over the years I have blown out both Bursa's in my knees and can't kneel for long without pain.
Even have to wear them on ladders because working on them I lean on the ladder rails for stability.
About to turn 57 and still going strong otherwise.
When is too old?
Ask my body when it says so, otherwise....I delegate the hard work to my paid employees and take the special projects
on for myself. Gotta keep the enjoyable part right?

Rod

I'm a '64 model (if you want to know how old that is you can work it out yourself - I don't want to know) and this is definitely a young persons game, especially in summer. I've had a few injuries over the years and am not 100%, so only a couple of years left for me - but I do love working for myself, being outdoors & doing stuff for people.

I think as it is always said that its better late than never so I think one should not think of age and time when he starts a business. As far as cleaning services are concerned there is always a large demand for it and hence one shouldn't think about the right time.

StädföretagStockholm

I'm turning 61 next week and may have a few more years in me ?? But I bring in the young part time help  when needed that takes some of the overhead work away?? lol