Sign in to follow this  
CA nestor

pre treating concrete

Question

Hey all....question on what is common practice on surface cleaning .driveways/sidewalks. Instead of downwashing with use of a machine can i use a mixture of 12% pool shock and water via a hand pump sprayer? if so at what mixture 50/50? Also should if finished with an undiluted light final coat of the pool shock? I am just getting started and am using a MiTm 3500 pressure washers and 24" Hotsy Surface cleaner.

2 answers to this question

I don’t pretreat if it’s just dirt or mold. oxalic acid can help remove rust stains around pool aprons.  

Putting pool shock (SH) will instantly kill any vegation it touches and will destroy the O-Rings in the pump sprayer unless they’re Viton seals.  A light acid coat when the concrete has dried from the washing will brighten it, makes it look nice   

Let us know how it turns out.

Rick2 has some good points to consider.
Protecting the customers property and preventing negative affects to the surrounding plants and amenities is important for your
reputation as a quality cleaner.

We use an M-5 to apply a degreaser and bleach mix. 3:1 (no proportioner).
Start out with 3-1/2 gallons of water in a 5 gal cubetainer then add about 6 oz of degreaser
and depending upon the severity of the mold and algae 1/3rd to a gallon of bleach and top off the
container with water.

The degreaser helps to address other common spills and lotions often on the pool aprons.

Rod