bradleyheathhays

How to bid this job...

Question

Since I happen to have a good 4200 psi power washer the manager of my mother's building has asked me to give her a bid to clean it up. 
The bldg has mild darkening on some of the siding but the brick looks fairly good. It seems like a simple job but since I don't have any experience bidding something like this I thought I'd come here first.

It's an L shaped building and each leg is the length in the first pic. The front, ends and back of the bldg are shown. The highest points are at the ends of the bldg at about 30 ft. 

How would you figure the bid on something like this?

1.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

1 answer to this question

Bidding for the price is a good start. The issues with actually doing them are the tenants.
Especially on the porches where they will tend to store a bunch of stuff and throw a tizzy if
you get them wet or whatever.
Notifications are recommended.
Price wise, Where is the water being drawn?
Is it the tenants water or from a water source belonging to the building owners control?
Since you are likely only cleaning the siding and not so much the brick, price it per section of siding.
Usually around 100-150 each.
The brick is what takes the most time to wash and generates a lot of grit debris which adds time to rinse off
everything in proximity.
If you have to wash that, double the price for each section.

Rod