Sign in to follow this  
Anton

Starting up washing business.

Question

Hello everyone. My name is Anton, I'm from Estonia. Starting up washing business here. 

I'm really new to this kind of work. A lot to learn in the future. 

Right now I already have small setup. 500 liters water tank on the trailer, flat surface cleaner 18 inch, telescopic lance 24ft( very heavy stuff, I will try to use it to wash solar panels. Want to place end of the pole on the wheels), 2 hoses 10 and 20 meters long and direct drive pressure washer 4.75 GPM (18 lpm) 3600 psi.

As a newbie I have some questions.

I want to install unloader with hose back to the tank but don't know which to buy? Could someone explain to me how to choose the right one? 

Also, a bought a gauge yesterday to check the pump , installed it and started the machine. I bought the gauge bc sticker on the machine were saying that machine is 4.5 GPM and 4000 psi but pump manufacturer manual says that pump is 4.8 GPM and 3600 psi , so I decided to adjust the pressure according to the manufacture's manual. So, I started the machine with pressure adjusting cup all the way down and started to watch the guage. I don't remember the readings guage were showing but it was to much according the pump manual, so I lowered the pressure by terning the cup up. I end up with 3480 psi of working pressure with 0° nozzle on the gun and when I realise the gun pressure peaks up to 3600 psi.

Have I done it right? 

Thanks for reading my post. Good day.

IMG_20190718_214241.jpg

13 answers to this question

Hello ppl. Little update from me. Yesterday I installed water filter on the way from water tank to the pw. New high pressure side hose is so awesome. 20 meters of the new hose weight less the 10 meters of the hose which came with machine. Next month I'll get more 20 miters. 

Yesterday did porking lot 50 m2 with surface cleaner. Man, that tool just awesome. 

One problem I have. Bolts on the side of the pump getting loose every hour. Do you guys glue them? I'm thinking to put some glue to the thread. 

Bleu hose is the new hose.

IMG_20190726_213456.jpg

IMG_20190726_213434.jpg

IMG_20190726_213358.jpg

IMG_20190726_213456.jpg

The 'bolts' your refer to must be tightened to a specific torque and only with the appropriate sized wrench to avoid
damaging the hex head. I wouldn't suggest thread lock unless the manufacturer specifies. Reason is, if the head of the pump
is all that ever needs to be replaced, it becomes impossible without damaging the bolts and making removal impossible as well.

I can't see the set up in place but the typical arrangement is to mount the pw'er next to the tank and then install a bypass hose to return water
to the tank when the trigger gun is not in use.

Rod

Those hex caps should have a seal ring inside which helps prevent them from loosening.
The unloader already installed should work fine for your needs. The return to tank would bypass off the unloader.
I don't believe this particular model has the proper fitting to incorporate a bypass so it would have to be modified
with those parts to make it possible.

Rod

Hello. Yes , I know there is a seal rings. I already have changed original ones for new ones but bolts still go lose. I will try glue on the thread.

Unloader on my mashine doest have return side. I want to buy one that has it. How to buy right one? If I take one that can hold 300 bars would be enough for me? 250 bars max pump pressure. 

1. Check your skills. Pressure washing takes a little more than just buying a pressure washer and spraying down a person's driveway or siding. ...
  2. Get the right equipment. To start your own pressure washing business you're going to need your own equipment. ...
  3. Set your business up right. ...
  4. Put your business online. ...
  5. Start booking jobs.

Source: Commercial Cleaning

On 8/3/2019 at 9:28 AM, Anton said:

Hello. Yes , I know there is a seal rings. I already have changed original ones for new ones but bolts still go lose. I will try glue on the thread.

Unloader on my mashine doest have return side. I want to buy one that has it. How to buy right one? If I take one that can hold 300 bars would be enough for me? 250 bars max pump pressure. 

Take a look at this site: http://www.barens.com/

By the way, sorry for the delay. Very busy and not much time to check in and post.

Rod & Beth

- Strategize your business: service offerings and scope.
- Get your power or pressure washing equipment: get a van and start off small.
- Create your brand: company name, logo, and contact information.
- Do marketing on social: join groups and post fun before and after content on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Register and insure your business: establish as an LLC.
- Plan ahead for growth: think about how clients will keep in touch and book appointments, and how you will offer more services going forward. 

Source: Commercial Cleaning