Sign in to follow this  
jsykes

Commercial Office Cleaning Job Lead

I have just started a new cleaning business here in orlando, FL and have been doing alot of advertising with no luck. Does anyone know of any possible job leads or subcontract work in the orlando, FL area. Any help is good!!!.

What exactly are you cleaning? Are you looking for flatwork - general dirt washing - interior janitorial? Cleaning is kind of a broad term around here :)

If you can be specific in your description, the appropriate folks will gladly jump in with lots of tips and advise.

Welcome aboard!

Celeste

I do basic interior office cleaning. I'm looking for new account clients for my business or I would be willing to do subcontract work for other larger cleaning companies.

From personal experience, the best way to get into it is to find small business that are in the construction phase and hang around the site trying to get in touch with the owners or local managers. Law firms, churches, doctors offices, banks, contracting firms, etc. are pretty good places to start looking. They are generally small, require little time, and will pay well relative to the time you put into them. Stay away from large established companies at first because they will generally look only for well-established cleaning contractors. If you know any people who work in office settings, ask them to find out when the current contractors' contracts are up for review or rebids and submit before that time. And FOLLOW UP on this...don't expect to get a contract on one contact only. Good example: a company has been trying for over two years to take over an account I currently service. They have been calling the HR people every 6 weeks asking if they are still satisfied. I'm getting out of the business in the next three months or so, so it will be available then. Who do you think the company will contact first to receive a bid? They're not going to pick up the yellow pages...they're going after the guy who has shown constant interest.

Just an idea....

Hello all I am new to the grime scene and am looking to start a cleaning buisness any suggestions as to how to get buisness and what a normal charge would be for cleaning and what exactally would be done in the cleaning ex bathroom kitchen living room dusting vacuuming window cleaning is there any thing more other than the basic things

Hello all I am new to the grime scene and am looking to start a cleaning buisness any suggestions as to how to get buisness and what a normal charge would be for cleaning and what exactally would be done in the cleaning ex bathroom kitchen living room dusting vacuuming window cleaning is there any thing more other than the basic things

Jennifer welcome to the Grime Scene! There are a few others out there that do interior building cleaning and I'm sure they will jump in here and help you out. There is currently not a area for this kind of work in the FAQ area, but the try doing a little searching in the forums for alot of information. Sorry I cant be of any more help as I dont do interiors, but I'm sure your questions will be answered.

Jennifer & Jsykes,

Here are some of what we know from our experience in the interior cleaning business. FWIW, we perform quite a lot of this type of work, and while it can be lucrative, it can be equally maddening as RyanH can attest to I'm sure.

Here are the highlights:

1. It is a very tough market to crack
  2. Residential construction cleaning generally does not pay enough to make buying the gas to get there worthwhile.
  3. Commercial construction cleaning work requires deep contacts, big insurance, experience and exceptional service to keep the contracts coming in.
  4. Rates can vary wildly depending on the region you are in, the work you do, and the clients you serve, so attempting to compare what is normal for us would be futile.
  5. Regular commercial janitorial work can be hideously cheap and the cutthroats are there waiting for you at every turn.

Welcome.

For commercial cleaning, I charged between $12 and $25 per 1000 square feet. I've seen companies have all different types of pricing structures. Personally, I prefer to charge a constant fee and offer an all-inclusive service. This might include carpet cleaning, floor stripping/waxing/buffing, wall touch-ups (if they provide the paint), etc. The level to which this needs to be done will determine the unit cost per foot. For a basic office building with trash cans, bathrooms, and vacuuming I charged around $12 per 1000 square feet. I was in and out in no time. For a larger customer who hosted wedding and catering functions, had a full size kitchen, LOTS of carpet to vacuum, tile floors to be buffed every weekend, and kitchen tile to be degreased and scrubbed weekly, my fee was around $25 per 1000 square feet. This one required alot of work overall than the office, so I charged accordingly.

For residential, the best rule is to clean like you do before you have company over to spend the weekend with you. You know, making sure you don't leave hair in the corners of the bathroom, dusting the shelves behind the pictures, cleaning the tops of fan blades, maybe vacuuming air filters, etc. The price you charge here will be much less than commercial on an hourly basis and will be determined by the customers perceived idea of quality and depth of cleaning. From my experience, I would NEVER touch another residential property. Commercial cleaning isn't bad, though. Once you can buy the big equipment to service multiple accounts (floor buffer, carpet extractor, etc.), you can really start making money. I was cruising along at $45 - $55 per hour at my height. Not as good as pressure washing, but then again the skills and equipment involved aren't as specialized.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions. I still remember a few tricks of the trade. I'll be available Saturday.

Ryan

770-490-7610

A great way to have an opportunity to talk to decision makers is through referral. A great way to get referrals is through a business networking group. I have participated in several. Currently I am with a BNI chapter.

A relative newcomer in the group is a woman, new to town, that is building a commercial cleaning business; ie, offices. She is getting referrals. If you would like to communicate with her post that desire and an email addy.

Bill Lightner

Jennifer,

We are a Commercial Janitorial Co. as well as Commercial and Residential Pressure Washing Co. There is really too much information to go over in just one of two blogs. If you like, you can call me any time. I have about 15 years of Commercial Janitorial experience at some of the largest contracts in Houston Texas. I have forms, training manuals, employment documents, etc. I will be glad to help.

Going rate is $20 an hour here in Denver

Hello all I am new to the grime scene and am looking for any tips,help, etc.. On ways that I can enter this hard Commercial Janitorial industry (interior cleaning). I started a my cleaning buisness back on 2008, since then I haven't being able to enter this market. I tried alot of advertising around (Southwest Orlando & Central FLA) done face to face, looked around new construction for possible prospects, etc.. but no luck. After trying diferent things I ventured into looking to take over a sub-contract and was lucky to be at the right place at the right time and landed a restaurant nightly interior cleaning account from someone who could not keep the contract going and wanted to sale, but haven't being able to land another account on that market either SINCE. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get buisness for commercial janitorial (interior) and or restaurant (interior) nightly cleaning on this rough economy? or Does anyone know of any possible job leads or subcontract work in the orlando, FL area. Any help is good!!!. Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am looking to start a new business of office cleaning. As you are running a office cleaning company, having experience of it.

Suggest some idea to start new office cleaning business. What are the initial requirements and planning should be done?

Anyone has more idea about it.

Thanks in advance...............

Edited by joolie

We are a provider of office cleaning services and indoor plant hire with an outstanding reputation for quality and integrity throughout Melbourne and the surrounding areas. For years we have provided high quality services for businesses of all sizes. Property management firms, facility managers and building owners in commercial, institutional and industrial markets trust Luwasa for their most demanding office cleaning or indoor plant hire jobs.

Office Cleaning Melbourne

Hi

Without spending a lot of cash, you can start an office cleaning business with the basics: glass cleaner, all-purpose (strong) cleaner, a regular vacuum cleaner, a few buckets, a mop, and a bag of rags and sponges.