Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Do you get an annual physical?

Do you get physicals regularly? (let's say annually)  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get physicals regularly? (let's say annually)

• Yes
    • No

In Oct. I had my first one in about 25 years (I'm 39). I did it because my 45 year old sister had to have emergency bypass surgery (she's fine now).

Aside from that, once or twice a year my back locks up and I go in for the cortisone/lydocaine shot to loosen it up.

I do know a few people who could have been saved had they had a physical, I'll go once a year or so now that I know better.

JD

Haven't had so much as a sniffle in over 10 years, so I figure why jinx it by getting checked out.

knockin' on wood now!

Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't even seen a doctor other than a dentist and eye doc for glasses in over 10 years. I had to get shots for school a few years back, but that's it. Must be all of those krispy kreme donuts. I think I'm onto something!

Originally Posted by RyanHaven't had so much as a sniffle in over 10 years, so I figure why jinx it by getting checked out.

knockin' on wood now!

Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't even seen a doctor other than a dentist and eye doc for glasses in over 10 years. I had to get shots for school a few years back, but that's it. Must be all of those krispy kreme donuts. I think I'm onto something!

Spoken like a true 20 somthing. I've been living by the same code, but in May I will be turning the dreaded 30 and feel that now that I'm crossing over the hump in this journey called life I should start getting poked and prodded regularly. Oh what fun. :rolleyes2

High blood pressure gets me an appointment every 4 months. Last time I went in the Dr. asked me if I had turned 50! Yes. Out came the rubber glove and KY gel. I guess every year now... guess its better than haven the cancer.

I don't get an annual physical, but do get one every 5 years. When I was in the service, a physical was required every year only if you were 40 y/o or more.

I didn't hold up to my every 5 year schedule very well. Just had one and it was 10 years since my last.

Cholesterol is a little high, triglycerides, we won't mention how high it is. Verdict was to go on the South Beach diet for chole and triglyceride control. The one thing I don't need is to loose weight.

Reed

I have one scheduled for 3 weeks from now. I went to the Doctors yesterday to see what they can do about my insomnia because I can not and will not alter my schedule with the nights on one job and the days on another. In between when I have time to sleep like a Sat. nite I can't and that is where the problem is. I was prescribed sleeping pills to only use once in awhile but after this check up the Doctor says when was the last time I had a physical because prostrate problems could be the cause of this(I doubt it) and how long have I had a sleep disorder. My answers where around 10 years for the physical and 5 years for the not sleeping routine. She looked at me crosseyed and said GET YOURSELF A PHYSICAL. Still I can't go for at least 3 weeks.

Disclaimer:-Never follow my procedures on visiting a doctor which is like never. Not good for ones health.

A major one each year!! With a 6 month semi follow up....

Just got back this past Tues from the major one...

All of my numbers/pictures/test were grrrreat!!!!

I highly recommed it to every one!

bg

High blood pressure gets me an appointment every 4 months. Last time I went in the Dr. asked me if I had turned 50! Yes. Out came the rubber glove and KY gel. I guess every year now... guess its better than haven the cancer.

I have to take a physical every year for the health insurance. Same thing happened to me last year turning 50 (the rubber glove and the ky). I think the least the doctor could have done was taken me to dinner and a movie first.....i felt like a cheap slut. lol

Andy

Disclaimer:-Never follow my procedures on visiting a doctor which is like never. Not good for ones health.

I don't know about that John... I think if the Doc continues to look long enough he will find something wrong... I like taking care of the 65 year olds that have never been to the doctor. LOL

I have to take a physical every year for the health insurance. Same thing happened to me last year turning 50 (the rubber glove and the ky). I think the least the doctor could have done was taken me to dinner and a movie first.....i felt like a cheap slut. lol

Andy

Just make sure Doc's hands don't end up on your shoulders....LOL!

I have insurance thru my wife's work and I take advantage of it. I'm over 50 and I'm not ready to check out yet, want to see grandkids some day. Many of terminal illnesses can be corrected if caught in time. The hard work, long hour, exposure to chemicals should put us in a high risked category. Do your family a favor and get checked out regularly or pile up on the life insurance.

I do a health check yearly. Its not as complete as a physical but they do run a through blood work, Cholesterol, LDL, HDL, Thyroid etc. My goal is to grow old and not be on any meds. As I get older my joints seem to talk to me more. ( know what I mean , old guys? ).

I do a health check yearly. Its not as complete as a physical but they do run a through blood work, Cholesterol, LDL, HDL, Thyroid etc. My goal is to grow old and not be on any meds. As I get older my joints seem to talk to me more. ( know what I mean , old guys? ).

ohhh ya I know what you mean

I get checked yearly. A regular check up saved my mothers life. They caught lung cancer in her early and took care of it. She's close to 4 years cancer free. I rather get checked than die any day

Get checked everyone