Sign in to follow this  
erovegno

Where to go?

Hello everyone,

I am looking to start handing flyers out and was wondering where might a good spot be. I called Walmart to see about spending a day outside there they said no. Does anyone have any ideas of some other good places. And since I'm on this question does anyone have any old flyer ideas that work in drumming up some business. If so could you send me a copy to get some ideas.

Thanks,

Eric Rovegno

aderesidentialpressurewashing@yahoo.com

www.aderesidentialpressurewashing.com

719-251-0588

Pueblo, Colorado

Hi Eric,

One flyer idea that was around recently was in targeted neighborhoods - don't place on mailboxes (run into Fed problems there). Leave on doors or in the boxes some have for newspapers. If you do neighborhoods, you can keep track of where you're working and line up multiples at a time, saving travel time & gas.

Good luck :)

Celeste

Hey Celeste,

Thanks for the information. We had run into the trouble of dealing with a postman after hanging brochures from boxes. But thats another story. Do you happen to know where I could get my hands on this flyer?

Thanks

Eric Rovegno

719-251-0588

Pueblo, Colorado

Eric,

Drive around and find a few neightborhoods that look to be generally well kept but have some residences that need cleaning. A good rubric will be to look at the conditions of the yards and homes. The cars in the driveways/garages are also something to consider...if most of them are rusted out, then you may not have much success. Mayeb I'm diverging from the point I'm trying to make...I've got Nirvana on *really* loud and am a little distracted, but the point I wanted to make was to find some decent neighborhoods where you think you will have a good probablility of getting some business and offer to buy an adspace in a newsletter. Many communities with more than 60 or so homes will have a homeowners association and ones with more than 100 usually will have a newsletter that goes out monthly, quarterly, or biannually. Buying adspace will encourage more people than leaving out flyers. Many people will perceive flyers on mailboxes or doors as a slight invasion of privacy (do you really enjoy strangers stopping in front of your mailbox or walking in your yard), but will perceive a newsletter ad as something beneficial to the community (you are helping to pay for it's publication) and shows that you took the time to find out something about the neighborhood (at a minimum the contact person for the association).

I've found contact info by googling the community name and city (surprisingly many will have websites with contact info), dropping by the clubhouse (in swim/tennis/golf area), or just knocking on doors. If you knock on doors, I've found it VERY beneficial to offer the first person who helps you a hefty discount on a house wash, especially if their house is looking bad and is in a very visible location, if they'll let you put a sign in their yard. This gives you multiple opportunities to get your name and services in front of the residents.

Whew!

RyanH.

Eric,

Keep in mind that there is no market for washing houses here in Colorado, the climate is too dry, so the real nasty stuff just doesn't happen here. If you want to target residential work, it's going to be decks, people don't really seem to care too much about fences here either.

Good luck,

JD

Hey Ryan,

Thanks, a little long winded but very informative. You know that head banging music :lgbonk:will kill your hearing. Again thanks for the info. I will use it wise and use it well.

Eric Rovegno

719-251-0588

Pueblo, Colorado