Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Welcome New Members! ..Introduce yourself

Question

New members continue to join The Grime Scene daily and I would like to welcome you all to the board. If you have a few extra minutes, take the time to introduce yourself and let us know a little about you and your company. No need to be shy here, we are all trying to acomplish the same thing here... network with others, educate yourself, and make some new friends. Welcome Again, and I look forward to talking to you all soon.

:lgwave:

305 answers to this question

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now and am very impressed with the wealth of information here and the willingness of everyone to help each other.

I am in the planning stages of setting up my own Pressure Washing Business. I will probably be asking lots of questions soon!

Thanks!

Michael White

Hi Mike,

You'll find plenty of fellow pressure washers in Georgia to help you along. Check some of the other threads for your specific area to find meetings/round tables and just some general conversation about things that apply in your state :)

Welcome aboard!

Celeste

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now and am very impressed with the wealth of information here and the willingness of everyone to help each other.

I am in the planning stages of setting up my own Pressure Washing Business. I will probably be asking lots of questions soon!

Thanks!

Michael White

Good Luck with the new business! Alot of information can be found in the threads here, and dont be afraid to ask questions if you have them.

Beth has set up an awesome FAQ area which can be found here: http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/faq.php?

Thanks Celeste & Mike!

I have learned so much from this board already just in a few weeks of reading! I hope to be able to network with some fellow Georgia PW's soon.

Thanks!

Michael White

Hello to all and thanks for a great resource (with current posts)!!! The Grime Scene has been a great resource for KPW. I'm just starting out and lam ooking forward to building a business that allows me to stop reporting to someone else and start steering the ship.

I live in a rural area near Hwy 70 (mile marker 194) and there seems to be a unmet need for Semi washing. For that matter it doesn't look like anybody is cleaning anthing flat, upright, moving, or parked.....there's gold in in 'dat der dirt!!!!!

Hello all. Im from the A.C.T., in Australia and are dabbling in pressure washing. We have water restrictions here but its not too bad at the moment. I just bought a cold water unit and will use that for a couple of years. I hope to get a hot water hot box at a later time. I am new to it all and are seeking knowledge on just about everything. Found this site friendly and helpful, thanks to everyone. Wallydog..........my dogs name is Wally.

roger, I'm just east of you in St. Peters. Do most of my hunting in Warrenton, with the Berhle family. If you need any help or just want to chat, drop me a line. I am in need of someone to refer House washing and concrete too.

Reed

Hello to all and thanks for a great resource (with current posts)!!! The Grime Scene has been a great resource for KPW. I'm just starting out and lam ooking forward to building a business that allows me to stop reporting to someone else and start steering the ship.

I live in a rural area near Hwy 70 (mile marker 194) and there seems to be a unmet need for Semi washing. For that matter it doesn't look like anybody is cleaning anthing flat, upright, moving, or parked.....there's gold in in 'dat der dirt!!!!!

Hi all,

Thought I'd drop a line here aswell, since I fall into the newbie category.

I never would have thought that there's a place where power washers stick together, the way that I've experienced here.

It's not a common thing where I live and do business.

The site is a wealth of information and a joy to peruse and I look forward to taking part as much as I can.

Thanks for the opportunity,

Balazs

Roger,

Just had a gentleman call asking for a truck and trailer wash. I informed him of your business name and hopefully he will contact you. Since you don't have your business line listed I had no other way of telling him how to get in touch with you. I couldn't send you an email in that you have your settings to not accept emails.

I hope he finds you.

Reed

Reed,

I've been in the process of getting everything lined out. Still having some trouble with the phone company and the second line, but found a temporary fix using the test port. I've updated my signature with all contact information.

Thanks for for thinking of me for the work, I'll be in touch.

Rog

I never would have thought that there's a place where power washers stick together, the way that I've experienced here.

It's not a common thing where I live and do business.

The site is a wealth of information and a joy to peruse and I look forward to taking part as much as I can.

Welcome Aboard! Nice to meet you. Beth & Rod have put alot of work into this bbs and I feel the same way you do about it.

Hello all,

Just wanted to say thanks for this site an all who has given their business wisdom. I have been lurking around on a daily basis since last September when I came to the decision that starting my own business is a must. I've done most of my homework on what I need for equipment, chems, insurance, licensing, advertising, for the successful startup of the business, although I keep learning something new everyday on this site. I will be financialy ready for startup in about a couple of months. Again thanks for all of your help.

Florin

Hello, everyone!

I wouldn't be here if it weren't for Celeste. She sent me a link to TGS, and I am totally grateful! I hope to do some work for (with) her husband soon, so I can expand knowledge. I tried to give Carolina Pro Wash credit for sending me here, but the name wasn't to be found. After it was too late, I discovered that the reason it wasn't found was because I USED SPACES BETWEEN THE WORDS! CarolinaProWash would have worked better. SORRY!

Anyhow, it's beautiful outside, yet I can't quit reading all of this info! I really look forward to building a great relationship with all of you and your companies.

One more thing, my wife, Yvonne, owns 51% of our company, allowing us to qualify as a minority business. We hope this will assist us in gaining employment on a commercial basis. Opinions always welcome. We live 2 miles into South Carolina, yet our business is incorporated in North Carolina. Yes, we are still learning. I figure once we're not learning anymore, it's time to change careers (again). Always feel free to get ahold of us.

Hey everyone....

My name is Anthony as you can see from the sig, and I live in southern California. I have had a hood cleaning business for going on 2 years now and it is doing very well, however, I have not been able to get a few jobs from the chain type restaurants because I wasn't capable of pressure washing their drive-thru's and the sort. So, I just purchased a (really nice) rig to do this sort of thing and in the process found this forum. I have ran onto a whole new venture that I didn't even plan on....residentual pressure washing.

In the desert here we don't have any mold or black streaks on the roofs or some of the other stuff that you guys back east have to deal with, but we have a lot of alkali buildup on roofs and concrete is always dirty wherever you go so that should keep me busy for a long time. :)

I have already started bugging you guys with my questions and can't wait to bug you some more :) This forum has been a really blessing and I look forward to chatting with you all for years to come.

hi guys and gals,

Name is Doug, Name of business is Baker's pressure washing. Been washing for about 3 years, mainly residential until this year. Bought a very nice hydrotek and pieced a mobile unit together. Can't wait to go at it full time.

I have never been on any forum before, but had to join this one. Hear people talk about signatures (don't know what it is or how to get one) Is there anything else I need to do.

You guys have been very very very very oh yea! very helpful to me and my company. Thanks for all the help/ I've only been reading for about 3 weeks.

I am especially interested in woodcare, I just ordered some HD80, citralic, brightener, and EFC 38. Hope they work good. Have three decks to do this week.

Have also found the sikkens and cabot's dealers around my area. No more recommending cwf or whatever else home depot or lowe's carries.

I have to throw in a question or two. Will the EFC 38 strip old semi-trans stains?

What is the best chems. to use to clean and prep a deck that has never been sealed before(really gray and lots of mold)?

Thanks a lot for all the help!

Baker's pressure Washing

270-268-1694

Hello everyone i just wanted to stop in and interduce my self my name is john and im a proud owner of a pressure washing buisness called Ultra Clean and have been here on the site for a little while just reading up on alot of topics that have helped me alot.I have been in business for a short while about 2 years and just learning everyday from you guys.Im really just learning chemicals and hope some people can past me some good places to buy some thanks look forward to hear from everybody

i live in north carolina and are looking for a great year in pressure washing.

Ultra Clean Pressure Washing

john 828-582-9843