Sign in to follow this  
Crownroyal

Started a new company 6 months ago now I have some ?s for the real professionals!

Please read before posting here - Product review forum

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69

We're pleased to announce a new forum here on TGS, designed for our manufacturer's and distributors to speak about their products specifically.

• Users with questions about a specific product should ask here if they would like to hear specifically from the vendor.
  • Only the vendor who is addressed should respond.
  • Anyone who wishes to give a testimonial about a product should do it here, and post any photos they wish to use to demonstrate their opinion.
  • Users should be respectful of the manufactuer's, distributors, and users who are corresponding in the thread.
  • Please do not hijack threads.

If users wish to debate two or more products, they may do so in the main forums.

Beth & Rod

A recent response to this thread that was off topic, has been moved to here: http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5239 This thread's topic is: Started a new company 6 months ago now I have some ?s for the real professionals!

Please review the forum rules before responding to this post. Thank you.:lgangel:

Beth

I don't feel that I've bashed the company in any way, but rather have expressed my, very own, personal opinions based on my, very own, personal experience (which may have been inadequate). If so, I hope that someone will do my justice by clarifying things for me.

I feel that you have written quite a few things that are not only derogatory, but they are also totally false.

I also think that if I wrote the same things about your company and then retracted it by saying it is possible that I could be wrong – you would not appreciate it.

Here's how you might start your research:

1. go to Roof-A-Cide.com
  2. click on "Locate an Applicator"
  3. Call anyone of the 40 or so companies listed
  4. Ask them your questions

I feel that you have written quite a few things that are not only derogatory, but they are also totally false.

I also think that if I wrote the same things about your company and then retracted it by saying it is possible that I could be wrong – you would not appreciate it.

Here's how you might start your research:

1. go to Roof-A-Cide.com
  2. click on "Locate an Applicator"
  3. Call anyone of the 40 or so companies listed
  4. Ask them your questions

JMBrowne

If you'll read my updated post above you will notice that I've made changes based on your recent posts. Not because I feel that I done you injustice or because I feel guilty but rather b/c I am a person of principle and if I feel that I am wrong then I AM THE FIRST TO ADMIT IT!

You may feel in any way shape or form....it is your right to do so.

I hope, b/c you seemed like an intelligent person, that you would understand how I may be sceptical to everything at this point. I've already trusted someone once (need I mention, that particular meeting lasted a lot longer than our conversation) and now I was certainly not going to jump ship b/c of a 10 min phone call.....but rather be cautious about what I say. Live and Learn.

I've read your posts and you seem to be a relatively large company. I don't see how little old me, with a couple of personal opnions (whether they be right or wrong) could hinder what you do, however I thank you for, in so many words, for educating me and bringing light to the situation.

JMBrowne,

I can understand your investment and belief in your product but your defensiveness to a person who is providing feedback based upon what was their experience is disturbing from a consumers standpoint. I personally have reread this thread numerous times and have come to the conclusion that you feel quite strongly about your product and are perhaps being publicly detrimental to it in your reply. If I were in your place, taking the opportunity here to learn from this feedback and perhaps make some changes to avoid this kind of feedback in the future would be a better use of my time. I would think you surely could appreciate the information and use it constructively. Understand this; No one has attacked you personally. A fair review was given according to the accounts of a poster in this thread and they are quite open to express their views and opinions based upon what they feel is or is not right for them. All is being conducted professionally and with respect to the fact that there is limited information on one side and you should respect that that information was enough for that person to make a choice for their business.

Just a little advice, public chastising of anyone who has an opinion whether pro or con about your product does not look good to those who would have otherwise considered looking into it for themselves...dont shoot yourself in the foot over one persons choice to not use your product...as you said...it is not for everyone and you have a select group of people you are looking to market to. I will of course edit my post to conform to any positive changes you would wish to make to yours.

Good luck to you in your business endeavors.

Rod~

Good Mike thanks.

Just to fill in some info....since Started a new company 6 months ago now I have some ?s for the real professionals!

Thanks to all for supporting the profession and for trying to help answer everyone’s questions.

I think everyone has gained from Rod and Beths web site and we should be paying them an hourly fee for hosting it and for their time.

With that said....Rod Beth I can give you a great deal on pwing your home and painting it. Kidding.

I have to say since adding power washing to our services we have added a total sales of $37,000 since March of 2005.

We offer roof cleaning, house washing, driveways cleaning, deck restoration, new construction, reality work, property management work, drive thru, dumpster pads, loading docks, parking spots, ect. 85% of the pressure washing work is residential, 15% is commercial.

This year we will be adding exterior painting and landscaping to the other service we offer. Are other services include but not limited to: home improvements replacement windows, doors, siding, bathroom remodeling, roofing, ect.

I hope we can add more commercial and industrial work to our pressure washing workload for next year. Our goal is 30%

Our government contract work is still in play and we are advancing in that path also, we bid preventive maintenance and repair contracts mostly.

One nice plus is now I can bid to power wash and paint different items on fedbizzopps, which is where my 30% will mostly, come from. For example I will also be targeting to clean printing machines at the newspaper companies and to chemically clean the paint lines in the Ford plant yearly. FYI after taking to one of the maintenance guys at the plant he said Ford shuts down all the plants in the us at one time to do all maintenance. It saves them millions he said. Not sure if he’s correct but… He told me car manufactures pay very good to do the work. If you can clean all the lines and be done by the time they are ready to open you will make NICE money. Anyway…Crossing my fingers…

Since learning more about the power washing profession our company has taken a larger roll in educating our team and bidding work in the high pressure-cleaning world such as sewer jet cleaning,

Dry ice cleaning, boiler clean outs and so on. We plan on studying and taking classes to certify our company to expand our roll as a high-powered pressure washing company.

I hope and pray that things go good in the future.

Thanks for all that have tried to answer my questions in the past.

May everyone have a happy holiday!

Dan

:lgsideway:lgbow::lgkick::lgtear::lgangel::lgwave::lgmoneyey:lglolly: