Sign in to follow this  
PATZPW

Self Or Cpa ?

Question

6 answers to this question

I use a CPA. She is the perfect accountant, and a family friend. The reason that we use her is that our taxes are complicated due to the corporation, and we incorporated on her recommendation. The first year our tax savings was sufficient enough to pay for the total incorporation, the attorneys and accountants fees and still save us $5000 for the year. I do not know how much it saves us every year now, but I do know that we are well taken care of...

She is also there for any kind of business advice that we might need, and is very trusted. The only way to have a CPA.

Scott Stone

I keep my own books but have a CPA do the taxes. I visit with her regulary just to make sure I am in the green and if I need to make quaterly payments.

Richard

Up until I started this business, I always did my own taxes. Now with write offs and the laws always changing, I use a CPA.

I consider it money well spent, as I do not have to worry if I messed up and if their coming to get me or not.

I still do my own Accounting, I have limited experience that still allows me to handle my own books and taxes. These two softwares are user-friendly enough to handle it on my own + my limited experience in the field. Perhaps when the business gets larger I may not be able to handle it but for now it works.

Turbotax asks me more questions about deductibles and other stuff than most Tax places (H&R Block, etc.) have ever asked me and have ended up not deducting things that could've been.

I'm in the House Cleaning (Janitorial) business and for the past 2 years been blessed to gross in the six figure category and still use the software...it also helps you estimate your quarterly taxes so that you don't fall short and be surprised at the end of the year.

Now for Payroll is a COMPLETELY different story...that I let my Payroll company handle that and they send "Employer's Taxes" to the State & Federal agencies as needed. Too many different times & places to send those taxes for me to remember on time.