Sign in to follow this  
geta911

Rotary Nozzles

Question

I need to call upon the professionals who monitor this board and who have light years of experience in the field to give me advice as to which rotary nozzle is best for general residential lightly soiled concrete, etc. Is one manufacturers product better than anothers or is the $29. variety just as effective as the $129 model? Many thanks in advance for your suggestions and advice.

16 answers to this question

I bought one from e-spec for I think 50 bucks. I dont use it all the time but when I do it works fine. I use it for blasting mud on heavy equipment. Concrete sometimes and paint prep as well.

Richard

I've been using a $35 Suttner Turbo nozzle for a few years without a problem. The guts are ceramic, so you don't want to use it as a hammer.

Look at it this way you get what you pay for. Dirt killers are rotomax are just two of the good ones. The Rotomax you can go from a stream to the full rotation, it has a smaller circle than most.Both are rebuildable. The Dirt killer come in a couple differant body sizes. Make sure you put a inline filter on it, because dirt will stop it from working.

Roger

Roger, you calling mine a piece of crap? Just kidding.

Geta911 the one Roger has is pretty neat in that it can be adjusted to straight stream which I found is helpful in just the few times I have used Rogers.

Richard

I knew it. You folks are great. Many thanks for the help. I'll go with something other than the gold plated model as from your experience, they work well.

If you can borrow one from a friend and try using with all kinds of situations.

I might not have been clear enough but I don't think that it was worth it's price. With only one application it being useful for it's not an essential tool as fas as I'm concerned

Turbo tips are useful in gum removal also in combination with 200 degree water.

Mel, have you tried a 25 degree tip and about 160 degree water. It works for me, it gets under the gum and melt and lifts it up.I will have to try the turbo and see if it is faster.

Roger

I bought a combo package from Northern tool with 5 replacement tips and a turbo nozzle (ceremic) for 70.00 bucks. It is great for gum removal and curbs especially.

I liked the results so much that I did some research and found a dual turbo nozzle that I use pretty much everytime a curb is involved ( it covers the whole surface from top to bottom, about a 10" spread) without a noticable loss in pressure. I paid 120.00 for that little lifesaver. Plus shipping. I believe it is a Suttner?????? Got it from Northern as well. Used it on the tough spots of a 10,000 s.f. side walk along with hydra scrubber at a shopping center. Plus this place had not been clean in a decade and there was plenty of petrified gum. It will pretty much shoot the gum about 25 feet across the lot. Target practice,.....lol.....not really.

hope this helps.

Hey I have 6 washers running most of the time and we use turbo's all the time, on my one trailer that is all we use on it and we have a lil over 700 hr on it this year so far already, and I use between 2 nozzels. ROTOJET and Dirtkiller I prefer the Rotojet because it spins faster than the dirtkiller.

Using hot water with a turbo can be aproblem with some torbos They tend to spin slower and some brands won't spin at all with hot water. The insides sweel just a lil when hot and don't spin as good.Just a thought. I have used them all. If you don't use it every day you will be alright with a cheap one.

I bought a combo package from Northern tool with 5 replacement tips and a turbo nozzle (ceremic) for 70.00 bucks. It is great for gum removal and curbs especially.

I liked the results so much that I did some research and found a dual turbo nozzle that I use pretty much everytime a curb is involved ( it covers the whole surface from top to bottom, about a 10" spread) without a noticable loss in pressure. I paid 120.00 for that little lifesaver. Plus shipping. I believe it is a Suttner?????? Got it from Northern as well. Used it on the tough spots of a 10,000 s.f. side walk along with hydra scrubber at a shopping center. Plus this place had not been clean in a decade and there was plenty of petrified gum. It will pretty much shoot the gum about 25 feet across the lot. Target practice,.....lol.....not really.

hope this helps.

Here is a link

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/NTESearch?Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ne=3&Ntt=Suttner&N=48&storeId=6970&Ntk=All

Cat has a new turbo out just got one but havn't tried it out yet. It has a spring inside to hold the spinner out against the nose, I think that will increase the life of them. We use a pile of rebuildes in a year!!!