Sign in to follow this  
Washaway

What's your price?

Question

I know the picture does not show everything, but take it for what it's worth and multiply it by 2.The house is almost exactly the same on the other side.

I'm curious what you guys would charge for the roof and then I'll tell you the story behind what happened when I quoted them. (I doubt that I'll get the job but then again anything is possible)

Don't get too technical with details, just throw out some nubmers.

p.s.: now that I'm writing this, my concious is become aware of the signs I should have picked up, from my conversation with the wife on the phone, before I drove out there.

post-833-137772143044_thumb.jpg

8 answers to this question

Numbers won't come from me but something for you to check out will, seeing that is in a planned developement will they allow you to wash the house using their water?

Might check that out or ask the homeowner and the noise factor too.

Jon, I hope you didn't misunderstand me.

I've already quoted the job so I'm not looking for help with pricing.......I'm simply curious to see what others would charge (based on the little info I was able to get before the sun went down) without me influencing your decision with my price.

Water around here is not something that the homeowners are concerned about. I've never run into anyone who was concerned about us using their water.

What about noise factor?

need more info to give a ball park. Is it asphalt shingles or what? What would be your best estimate of the interior sqft?

Just trying to get few figures to go on.

Alright! Now that I have a few minutes here's more of the story.

"My husband usually does the driveway and stuff but he's too busy right now. We're both licences GCs and are swamped. Plus I don't want him on the roof and the association is bothering us with letters. Can you give me a price on the roof and the two driveways, and as long as your are here please look at the screen enclosure aswell." (this is what I got on the phone today)

So I go out and take a look at the house.

I quoted her 5.25K for the roof and she almost went throught the roof. Asks me, "Do you do something special? Don't get me wrong, but your just way out there."

It turns out that a friend of theirs offered them $450 for the roof and one of my local competitors (I didn't ask who b/c I don't care) quoted $250 for the roof.

"....we don't have to pay him until his done and if we're not happy he'll come back as many times as we ask him to." she says, in refrence to the 2.5K guy.

"Your not worried about hiring somebody who's selling point is that if you are not happy then I'll come back as many times as needed, until you are satisfied?", I asked her.

She shrugged her shoulders and asked me to give her something in writing.

End of story.

p.s.: tomorrow I'll be in the area.....if I don't forget to take my 200mm lens with me then I'll get some more shot of the property........just b/c

need more info to give a ball park. Is it asphalt shingles or what? What would be your best estimate of the interior sqft?

Just trying to get few figures to go on.

It's cement tile..flat.

Have no idea of sq.ft........didn't bother measuring.