Sign in to follow this  
Paul B.

Smell The Roses.

Question

Well OK maybe these aren't roses, but they have a pleasant aroma and they look nice.

With all the rain we've had, these peonies took off like race horses. Had to cut them last night to keep from mowing them down.

You folks in MD better keep that 1 car per 10MPH space while driving - what a shame!

You folks out in Calif. you better watch it too - you've had your share of pile-ups.

Have a pleasant and SAFE Memorial Day weekend!

7 answers to this question

Hello Dave,

Ants seem to take a lot of pleasure from the buds before they bloom. Can't seem to stay away.

Memorial day weekend is the biggest shopping weekend for plants and flowers around this area (I would assume Illinois and most other mid-western states also). I had some errands to run on Sunday and the parking lots were jammed everywhere. Home Depot, Lowe's and grocery stores all packed and seemed like almost every shopping cart had flowers or plants in them. Can't say I've ever seen it this active. I'm glad to see business pick-up and people enjoying what GOD and nature gave us.

That's interesting - I've not heard that about the ants.

I hope you cut some of those and put em in a few rooms of your home. They are beautiful!

Dave,

Those are beautiful. I can almost smell them now. Peonies are my favorite for the aroma.

They bloomed here in Arkansas about a month ago. My parents have them in their backyard, always have. I remember growing up how my Dad would go out every couple of years with a pitch fork and just "lift" the bulbs up a little. He always said if the bulbs were to deep they wouldn't bloom as well. All they have left now are white ones, but I always liked the purple ones best.

Thanks for the pictures guys,

Chuck

Hello Chuck,

My wife and I have lived here since 1977. We have never done anything special for them. We cut the stalks at the end of the growing season and look forward to seeing the show in the Spring!

Dave Olson