Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

Vct

Ok. Need a little more info from you.

First of all VCT = Vinyl Tile on a floor yes?

Please describe what it is you are doing, cleaning an existing floor that has old wax on it, or cleaning a new floor at the construction clean up phase?

I would NOT use a pressure washer on it. You can use a pressure washer on tile in a kitchen where you have drains, but not in a room without them.

VCT is a strip, mop and wax type thing. Give me some more details to help you with . :)

Beth:)

p.s. don't forget to add your city and state in your profile please.... you can also add an avatar if you like, and a signature that shows below your posts about your company.

Yes, Vinyl Composition Tile is what I am talking about. The drainage is not a problem, but wanted to know if anyone has done the PW thing on them. I know all to well the real way to do it and thought maybe it could be sped up a little.

We have not attempted it on VCT because of the concern for the backing. However, a surface machine is wonderful in a kitchen.

I would stick to standard floor care...

Strip, mop, wax, high speed buff w/ a machine.

The liability is too great and if the mastic is not put on well, not enough, or whatever underneath....you'll be in a pickle.

Beth

Well heck, go for it then. Please post some pics for others to see. :)

I would not get your water too hot... and use a long squeege on an extension pole to help extract the water out of the garage.

Just my .02 worth....

Beth

p.s. try your house wash mixture on the floor, but be careful, it will get slippery.