Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Do you have Harry Potter fans in your house?

How many Harry Potter fans are out there? (multiple choice)  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How many Harry Potter fans are out there? (multiple choice)

• We're fans
    • We're not fans
    • Have not seen or read anything about Harry Potter
    • Have seen movies only
    • Have read books only
    • Both - Read the book, then see the movie

Question

I thought it would be fun to see how many Harry Potter fans we have out there, or at least homes with Harry Potter fans...

Who already has the book that was just released Friday at midnight?

Beth

29 answers to this question

Let's see, my wife wentout with the three oldest to get the books at midnite. We ended up with three books and a set of audio discs for me to play on my Ipod. I got done with work yesterday and came home, and on e was done with the book, one was 3/4's of the way through, and one was waiting for the Mom Review to be done before he was allowed to read it. I guess we are fans. The littlest is still to young to be able to read it by herself, but she will as soon as she can, and knowing her, it will be soon.

Scott Stone

We didn't do the midnight thing here, but only because we had heard that the last one the fire marshall had to turn folks away when the store had 3,000 visitors.

We got carry out, watched Harry Potter movies, and waited patiently the next day for our copy to arrive - it did - from Amazon. We're reading it now. I may have to look into the audio tapes....

Cool stuff.

Beth

Seen first and seond movie, not third. Did the midnight thing and got two books, one of us and other for grandkids.

Never read any book yet.

My mother (im 32) - yes my 'mother' MADE me read the first one and I have to admit that I enjoyed it immensely. One of the best books ever. Definitely not the same as watching the movie. I'll buy the set one day and read the rest for sure. I couldn't put the darn thing down until I finished. The imagination it takes to write that is amazing. JK Rowling deserves every penny of that billion shes made... I just finished Charlie Wilson's War. It was awesome! Read the reviews on Amazon. I won't draw away from the Harry Potter subject by embellishing. If you haven't read a Harry Potter book, it's a fantasy that takes you away from everything on the planet - literally. You won't be sorry if you read it as an adult. It's the ultimate escape from reality!

Hey Beth. Our 9 year old son, me and Mrs Thinks She Wears the Pants went to see Gobblet of Fire this past Sunday. For a Harry Potter movie, I thought it was good...better than #3 for sure. Reagan and Sam loved it. The visual effects are great...one very cool scene has a nasty dragon scaling the roof of Hogwarts Castle...very cool. You won't be disappointed at all, it's 1/2hr too long, and I still think Harry is a big wuss.

/neil

Did you read the books? I don't see how they will get all the best parts of the book into 2 1/2 hours. I'm one of those fans who wishes it was a 3 hour movie. Can't wait to see it tomorrow.

I can't wait for the next one! Heck, I can't wait for this one to release to DVD.

Beth

THREE HOUR MOVIES? Beth I would fall asleep first!

Remy is reading or has read the last book but not going to the movie yet, like others will probably wait for it on CD to watch at home.

NEIL if Mrs. Thinks She Wears the Pants does she speak of you as Mr. Who Thinks he Wears the Skirts?

Bet if she saw what you said she would indeed wear those pants and, ah never mind better not go there:)

We took the kids to see it while we were in the mountains - it was okay - I was personally a little disappointed. Without reading the book, I could tell that they had to leave a great deal out to squash it all into the movie time frame. Amazing how these kids have grown up though!

Celeste

Henry,

It's in 3 theatres in G-Town, 6 showings before 6pm. Three around lunch, three in the late afternoon.

Celeste, you really need to read the books to do the story justice. They are packed full of little wonderful details that the movie would only have, if Peter Jackson were directing it.

Beth

I thought that was you....we were also at the 11:50 showing. You were down in front.

In my opinion, the moving needed to be longer, there was so much of the book that was left out. Still a great movie. Some really cool special effects.

Beth

Henry what's this "the kids had a blast" saying, word has it that YOU HAD A BLAST!

Still the kid in you enjoys such shows and as you know many of us just refuse to grow up when it comes to truly wholesome family movies.

I can hear your kids telling their friends DADDY HAS MORE FUN THEN WE DID & HE ATE ALL THE POPCORN:)

I went on Thursday. Took all the kids, a couple of neighbors and I think that there was a homeless guy in there somewhere... OH wait, that was me meeting up with them after working.

It was pretty good, definitely a bit different flavor and obviously a different director. All in all, pretty good, though,