Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

The X-Jet debate

What method of chemical application do you prefer for housewashing?  

243 members have voted

1. 1. What method of chemical application do you prefer for housewashing?

• X-Jet
    • Downstreamer
    • Roller pump, ShurFlo etc

Looks like I'll be making a trip soon. Tom I would really like to check out your methods!!! Old Fart, New Fart, I like learning new things.

Never, ever. This is one of those threads that never ceases to fish in people with an opinion. I get a kick out of folks adding to it every now and then, reminds me of when I was first getting rolling. The M-5 was relatively new, and very in vogue. I bought one, and it serves a couple of purposes, but I pretty much DS'ed right from the beginning. I must have a couple of dozen destroyed DSers around here, and still that one old M-5. I may even have a pack of proportioners in my toolbox. LOL!

I'll never understand the big deal about the two. Sometimes it's easier to downstream and sometimes ir's easier to run an M5.

There's no "Big Deal" about the Debate, just a difference of opinion, and thats cool!!!! As long as you're making money using either one, go for it!!

What Guy said..... As a distributor with the X-Jet, I get sucked into this debate often. It is a tool like any other. It can make jobs faster and easier, but it is only ONE way to do things. It isn't the ONLY way. For some, it changes their whole game and makes them better because they learn a new approch which makes better profits. For others it feels wrong because they like a different approch to how they clean. That's ok. Down streaming is a bit different from upstreaming, but I still see machines that use it. Still works.... But as people we all have opinions and that is awesome. Just gets a bit funny how passionate some get about the use of some of these options. I think a responsible distributor show all the options, then lets the customer decide which is right for them. New contractors, as well as old ones don't always know all the options available to them. Wouldn't you want to know about a tool that could be different from what you currently use if it COULD make life better?

Edited by Tracy Handl

I bought an xjet to apply some acid based cleaners to concrete. After downsteaming so much, I can not get used to the xjet.

Now I'm thinking about making a cart with a 15 gallon drum that has a 12v pump on it to apply cleaners. Or maybe try an injector that's made to handle acid.

I think a responsible distributor show all the options, then lets the customer decide which is right for them.

That's a great statement Tracy, and a very true statement. I think thats where a Company like Sunbrite stands out. I saw this first hand at Sunbrite's Atlanta RT.

Micah, the M-5 is an excellent tool for applying oxcolic acid on concrete, but can be hard to control in tight situations. Yes there are "Acid Injectors" available.

Yes you can use that for a backpack system, but I have read horror stories about leaking problems down the backs and butt cracks of people that have used them. Food For Thought.

The thought just made me squirm..LOL...I've heard of anal bleaching before but that's a hell of way to go :-) thanks guys didn't even think bout that..I appreciate all the info

I currently down stream but the thoughts of chems. going thru hoses,eating up o rings,and also running thru my heat coils are causing me to re-think my chem application process,and so far it appears to me that x jet is the only other option.....another 175.00..does it ever end...LOL

Steve H.

The original xjet kit is only around 100-115.00 these days. Depending who you purchase it from.

Try sunbrite supply. They always run specials on their equipment.

please go to your "settings in your profile and complete your signature line. House rules.

Welcome to TGS.

I currently down stream but the thoughts of chems. going thru hoses,eating up o rings,and also running thru my heat coils are causing me to re-think my chem application process,and so far it appears to me that x jet is the only other option.....another 175.00..does it ever end...LOL

Steve, seems you're misinformed. Down streaming doesn't go through your coil, that's up-streaming. In 6 years I've never had a problem with chems eating up O-rings and the hoses I use last at least a year or more.

175.00? Thats nothing!

You need to keep downstreaming, it is the most profitable way to apply chems.

This thread has been a good read. I'm looking for a way to apply a higher percentage of chems to a stucco job this spring. I tried to d/s and looks like I need a better mix.

So which is the best x-jet to buy I'm wondering.

So let me se if I understand this. If I were to mix a pail lets say 50/50 thats what I'm shootin on the surface? Or is it still being diluted by the wand?

The M5 has a convenience of switching from steady stream to fan spray with just a twist of the nozzle. The originial needs the close-range nozzle screwed into it when you want a fan spray. When you draw chems up with an X-Jet of any kind, it ALWAYS dilutes the mix some. It will depend on your GPM and whether you use a proportioner or not as to what ratio that will be. See the Ratio chart for more understanding.

X Jet Proportioner Chart.pdf

Had to go back to the x-jet last week when my chemical injector went bad. My crew has never used the x-jet we've always down streamed. They were crying the blues about carrying the jug around. Alos the M-5 don't get the height or distance that the origional x-jet (which I also had on the truck) or the down stream does. We're back in business now with down steaming and the crew is much happier. But the now know that just because one way don't work there is always options.