Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Streak Free Window Cleaner.... yeah right!

I was at auto zone the other day picking up a few things, then I thought I might get some cleaning supplies and detail my wifes car. One of the products I picked up was called invisible glass, it claimed it was a streak free cleaner. It looked liked it did a good job until I took it out into the sunshine and saw the haze and streaks. I followed the instructions exactly, so my question is.... is there really such thing as a haze free streak free window cleaner?

:vroom: look out, I cant see!

Bravo makes a product called 20/20. It's an aerosol and works great. It's only available through janitorial supply companies, probably a case of 12 at a time. Not cheap. $4.00 / can...$40.00 / case.

There is a product that will give you streak free glass inside and out. It's Newspaper.

Get a bowl of water and a small wash cloth and wash the windows. Let it drip dry a little while then use the newspaper to completely dry it. It might sound weird but try it, it works.

The new newspaper inks are water based and will bleed and leave a haze on glass.These new inks will stain leather and vinyl.

Go to Wally World or an auto parts store and pick up some micro fiber towels.You can clean with water and they are nearly lint free.When you wash them don't use fabric softener.We wash ours in woolite and line dry them.

I got a streak free window cleaner. It's called me! But seriously, I've been a window cleaner for 16 years now. just been lurking here for a long while learning about pressure washing. Anyways, soap and water and squeegees are the best way to cean a window for sure.

I have been a widow cleaner for 20 year's- It's the human not the solution that achieve's streak free windows- so alot of practice is the only way to see results.- Give the same solution to ten people ten different results....

I would have to agree with Seth, I use water alittle dawn dish soap and a good squeegee (I like to use Ettore squeegee's) the soap bonds the water to the window as well as cleaning.

I use this on residential and commercial windows without fail. Practice will make it easy, there's more to it than just slapping it on and taking it off.

I always bush the glass and rinse-

I'm glad to hear you don't moon it too! :lol: Sorry, JK. Spring is here and we've started up for a week now.

We use a glass mop and various sized squeegee's (Ettore') and Glass cleaner from Daycon (local jani supply co.) Mostly on log and wood sided home restorations.

Rod!~

I have had various results with cleaning windows and the different products out there as well. I have learned that when using a squeegee one would think that more pressure is the way to go. That is not true in all cases. I know that less pressure on the squeegee and a steady hand brings better results than a heavy hand. I try to keep the glass as wet as possible before using squeegee. But I truely belive that a light and steady hand brings best results. Rain x makes a pretty good glass cleaner for auto accts. But again I do not believe in any one product as being the best. Alot of them have the same ingredients but are just a different name brand. A light hand and wipe the squeege blade after each pass. This is not gospel but it works for me on auto's and resi's and helicopters ( which generally have plexiglass).

I do all residential windows by hand. If they're real dusty I brush them, then wipe with a damp microfibre cloth scrape with a 5in ettore scraper if necessary, then polish with a dry one. Glass Gleam 4 is my window soap of choice. I'm looking for a good spray on/off cleaner for screens though

I'm with bulletproof on this one. I have been through most professional window cleaning solutions including squeegee off(no cleaning power). I find GG4 my soap of choice (GG3 for soft water areas). I also rely on a 6" Triumph scraper - my weapon of choice (and stitches to prove it).

sprayway glass cleaner w/ a microfiber cloth works well for car windows.... no streaks this way... for windows other than cars i use a mop, squeegee and soap... the same as most it appears.