Sign in to follow this  
jgoral76

To Bleach Or Not To Bleach???

Question

HELLO FELLOW PW"s I am new here and live in Michigan. I have a house to wash next week and am trying to decide wether to use bleach or not. I thought it may discolor the siding(vinyal).And someone please give me advise on doing door to door cold calls, i work full time for chrysler and also do PW. thanks all.:lgcold:

11 answers to this question

I use the least amount of chemicals I can to do the job so if there is no mold, I don't use the bleach. I will say it's pretty rare for a house not to have either green mold or the small black mildew spots on siding, expecially near the joints in this area.

I always use some bleach, reduce amount, the mildew might be forming and you just cant see it yet, a little bleach wont hurt or cost much, Id hate to wash a house and see mildew on it a month or two later

I always use some bleach, reduce amount, the mildew might be forming and you just cant see it yet, a little bleach wont hurt or cost much, Id hate to wash a house and see mildew on it a month or two later

The problem with this plan is that if the bleach ratio is reduced too much, it's not going to do any good.

If I can't see mold/mildew, there's no reason to use bleach.

We have yet to get a call to wash a house without mold so chlorine is always a part of our house wash mix.Soap and water wash,you guys are so lucky.....:lgbounces

Took the words right out of my mouth. If the house hasn't been washed within a couple of weeks to a month, its got somthing growing on it.

In some places, mold/algae just doesn't grow, so there's no need for chlorine. Most places, though, get at least some mold growth. For you and I, you won't find a house without at least a little mold. It's just too wet and warm down here in the south for it to be otherwise.

Took the words right out of my mouth. If the house hasn't been washed within a couple of weeks to a month, its got somthing growing on it.

You gotta realize, some of these guys are from MICHIGAN! It gets so dang cold and nasty there that humans can barely survive. Algae has no chance! If you have algae on the house, just wait for winter...it'll die. :lgcold:

Thank GOD for Florida and year-round work!!!