Sign in to follow this  
Craig

Who has used SafeRestore?

Question

Anyone here use the product, "SafeRestore" by Eacochem?

If you have, what have you used it on and what kind of results have you gotten?

Did you cut it?

Processes?

Thanks. I've used it on several different projects, including a 24,000 sq. ft. pool deck restoration. It worked pretty well. I'd like to see some other uses and personal opinions.

Thanks

24 answers to this question

We use saferestore for alot of different jobs. We just finished a hospital with glazed brick, and it came out great

Do you have any pics you could post? Did you use it full strength on the brick?

Thanks

I've used it on commercial split block buildings, concrete side walks and to clean and remove rust stains. Pics are posted in the Gallery. Works great on rust I use straight, on the split block I soaked the block first then applied straight I did run some thru my x-jet to reach the upper pillars of the 3 story building you see in the Gallery with the glass front. Worked great, I try to keep some on hand for rust stains on driveways and such. Although it is sorta expensive for that, I believe its safer than oxylic, and I don't have to mix it. On sidewalks I soak them while blowing the loose dirt and trash off then put down F18 MAX then for rust area's I spray SafeRestore straight. Let soak for 5 -10 minutes then go over with surface cleaner. Works really well for me.

I've used it numerous times to clean hard water stains off of exterior windows. I've even used it to get hard water stains off of the interior of shower enclosures but you have to run a garden hose through a window (for rinsing well) and wear a respirator so I normally don't use Safe Restore in this situation.

But on exterior it works great as long as you're careful of surrounding surfaces. Pre-wet surrounding surfaces then spray Safe Restore on the window, scrub with white pad then rinse thoroughly. A second application and sometimes a third may be necessary. Of course the final step is to clean the window with your regular window cleaning solution and squeegee it off.

Do not use Safe Restore on hot glass and don't over-extend the dwell time. Wear gloves, eye protection and respirator.

I've used it numerous times to clean hard water stains off of exterior windows. I've even used it to get hard water stains off of the interior of shower enclosures but you have to run a garden hose through a window (for rinsing well) and wear a respirator so I normally don't use Safe Restore in this situation.

But on exterior it works great as long as you're careful of surrounding surfaces. Pre-wet surrounding surfaces then spray Safe Restore on the window, scrub with white pad then rinse thoroughly. A second application and sometimes a third may be necessary. Of course the final step is to clean the window with your regular window cleaning solution and squeegee it off.

Do not use Safe Restore on hot glass and don't over-extend the dwell time. Wear gloves, eye protection and respirator.

Just a suggestion for the bathrooms, if u find a carpet cleaning supply house, just get ya some viper renew, its also an acid, but works great for the soap scum and hard water stains, and a whole lot cheaper!!!

I have also used safe restore on a number of rust removal projects and other things. Those of you that use it on larger jobs like the hospital that was metioned are you still applying it straight with a pump sprayer? Seems like it would take forever and be crazy expensive?

I have used Safe Restore almost exclusively for window frames but it sounds like more and more people are using it for rust and other oxidation stains. Works great for hard water and aluminum run off or burning.