Sign in to follow this  
Dan B

Change company name ?

Hi I'm adding a new services to my business i have hooked up with a company that sells windows siding a roofs, they don't do the work they just make the sells and sub out all there instillations well i have gotten them to make me there sole roof contractor.. i am wondering if i should change the name of my current company to something that would include roofing or should i just start another company under a different name and keep my pressure washing and my roofing separate? is there any advantages or disadvantages either way ? (ie insurance/ taxes ? maybe somebody can point me in the right direction where i can find some good info on this. i know someone here has got an answer.... Also does anyone know of a good Forum for Roofers i really don't know a whole lot about roofs but my buddy who is going in on this with kinda as a partner has been a roofer for another big company here for about 15 years so i will learn allot from him... thanks for your time

You can do a DBA (doing business as) through your current company or change the name to something like "First Quality Home Services" or "First Quality Property Services." Anywho.....you get the idea. Make sure that you have the appropriate licenses, insurance, etc. to do this type of business in your area.

Good Luck!

I'd suggest starting another company. If you change your company name to something more generic you will loose name recognition you have now. If you have any questions about roofing let me know, I've been doing repairs for years..

Just leave your name as is just change the way you market yourself.

Have you ever heard of Monteys power washing? www.mpwservices.com. Well there name is MPW industrial cleaning now, same company just marketed differently. By the way this guy that formed this company started out washing fleets, now look at him Billions of dollars in sales a year. Hint Hint good way to try to set your buisness plan up. LOL

Dan Baxter

First Quality Services

Roofing, pressure washing, fleet washing, gutters, what ever

NOt 100% sure but Id call a CPA or lawyer

Thanks for all the tips guys i haven't decided what i am going to do yet but i think i will consult my CPA I'm kinda jumping into this with both feet hope it doesn't come back to bite me

If i keep it separate then i will have to have 2 insurance polices and still have to pay the high rate for roofing and still carry a policy for pressure washing right ?