Sign in to follow this  
Barry M

Superbowl bound

Question

I just got back from the Colts vs Steelers game and I'm a little jacked up on coffee because I had to drive home. Anyway the atmosphere at the game was electric, and I'm saying the Colts are going all the way baby!!!!!!

48 answers to this question

Im a Pats fan, but they have to much against them this year. So Im hoping the Colts do it. Ive been a fan of theres for years , since my brother in the 80's was in charge of all food at the Hoosier Dome. I was able to see quite a few games there for free. Indy's a great town . I hope they go all the way, with a perfect season

Go Colts!!!!!!

I do think the Colts have the best shot at taking the crown, but I still not convinced that they'll go undefeated. They still have a few tough games ahead of them, and I doubt they will risk a lot of there first stringers once they got the home feild advantage locked up. Not just because I'm partial, but I do think the Jags have best chance of ruining a perfect season for the Colts, even without Leftwich. Our defense makes Indy's offense struggle everytime. I can't wait for that game, and hopefully Garrard will step up to the plate and deliver a solid offense for Jacksonville.

Yeah the Colts have chance to win it all this year they are looking good.Payton is sure scoring me some good fantasy points! :cool:

I hope to have 2 fantasy teams in the Super Bowl! $$$$$$

Go La.Porch Puppies :cool:

Lance I think the florida sunshine is blinding you if you think the Jags are going to beat the Colts. :)

The 2 games I am worried about are the Seahawks and the Chargers. I would love to see them go 16-0, but not as much as I would love to see a superbowl championship, the record is just icing on the cake.

Shane, you've finally taken the paperbag off huh? ;) Nice way to blow a big lead to the Rams, when the Rams were playing their 3rd string QB.

Go Colts :cheers:

Lance I think the florida sunshine is blinding you if you think the Jags are going to beat the Colts. :)

The 2 games I am worried about are the Seahawks and the Chargers. I would love to see them go 16-0, but not as much as I would love to see a superbowl championship, the record is just icing on the cake.

Shane, you've finally taken the paperbag off huh? ;) Nice way to blow a big lead to the Rams, when the Rams were playing their 3rd string QB.

Go Colts :cheers:

Well, I guess we will see. What I do find kind of funny is that your not worried about the Jags, but you are worried about the Seahawks (which we beat earlier in the season) and the Chargers who lost to Pittsburg (which we beat earlier in the season. Not to mention we kept the Colts to the least amount of points out of all of the games they played this season, as well as the smallest point margin between all of the're opponents (besides the Browns who had the same 7 point margin). Sure, we don't have our starter QB, but we still have, what many would argue to be the best back up in league, that of which many think is better than Leftwich. As a said, we'll see.

The Colts won't go undefeted, Dungy will pull the starters once they lock up home feild. They don't care about going unbeaten they just want to win the championship. So getting beat by the Jags, Bolts, or Hawks will only mean the starters might have to play an extra game before locking up home field advantage. A lose might do them some good in the long run, reminding them they aren't invinsible.

A lose might do them some good in the long run, reminding them they aren't invinsible.

I definitely agree here. Being humbled can go along way. Not to mention, when you win to many in a row the anticapation of knowing you have too loss some time can play some serious head games, better in the regular season than in the post.

I think with a soft schedule like the Colts have it will be a crime if they don't go undefeated. If you want to look at a tough schedule to compare the Colts look no further than the Chargers. If you're still in the reasearch mood take a look at the Schedule of the '72 fish (I think '72) when they went undefeated. They didn't play a single playoff team in the regular season that year. It's all good though, they were undefeated throughout the playoffs too of course. I think the Colts will have some problems with San Diego and Seattle not to mention Denver in the playoff's.

Denver...the real big "D"!!!!

I'm a sailor that joined the Navy from Colorado so don't acuse me of jumping on the bandwagon like Jeff has......... :)

Barry, dont forget, if Denver keeps winning, the Colts will have to keep winning to secure Home field for the playoffs, so lets go Denver!

Since when is playing Pittsburgh with one of the best Defense in the league and Cincinnatti with one of the best offense in the league playing a soft schedule? Shall I go on? :)

I guess only time well tell, and we will all have fun watching it fold out, it should be a great end of the NFL season. I think one thing we can all agree on is no teams from the NFC hold a cnace of beating the powerhouses from the AFC in the big dance.

Hey Lance, how about a friendly little wager between you and me. The loser of next Sunday's game has to visit this thread and post that their team sucks 10 times in big bold letters. Are we on?

Nah, I can't do that. I like my team too much to disrespect them like that, if in fact we lost.

Look, I'm not blind. I know the Colts are better team then the Jaguars, but what kink of fan would I be if I didn't have a little faith and enthusiasm for their potentail success for the remainder of the season.

The Jags are probably the most underrateed team in the NFL. After wins against: Seattle, Pittsburgh and Cinncinatti they are shadowed by the Colts and their 12-0 record, which by the way, is very impresive.

The Jags are 9-3 and don't have any kind of realistic shot at winning the division (short of Manning, James, and Harrison all going out with injuries), but we will win a wild card spot and get a run at the title.

I do believe that we stand the best chance of knocking the Colts of their high horse (no pun intended), and I say that based on previous meetings including the game earlier in the season when the Jags held the Colts to only 10 points (the least amount they've scored out of any oppenent this year). The Jags have the #1 pass defense in the league, two of the best defensive lineman in league in Hederson and Stroud and an offense just potent enough to take advantage of our solid defense.

The beauty is, I won't eat my words, becuase I give the Colts props, their a great team, the best team in the league, but they can loss just like anyone else. If I were a Colts fan I would stop worrying so much about a perfect season a consentrate on getting to the Super Bowl.

I agree with the need to stop worrying about a perfect season, if it happens it happens. You sound like a dedicated fan and I respect that, you also have a pretty good team down there and I know it's gonna be a hell of game no matter who wins. Good luck to you and your team you never know there may be an upset.

Nah, I can't do that. I like my team too much to disrespect them like that, if in fact we lost.

Look, I'm not blind. I know the Colts are better team then the Jaguars, but what kink of fan would I be if I didn't have a little faith and enthusiasm for their potentail success for the remainder of the season.

The Jags are probably the most underrateed team in the NFL. After wins against: Seattle, Pittsburgh and Cinncinatti they are shadowed by the Colts and their 12-0 record, which by the way, is very impresive.

I agree with you 100%, just having fun giving you a hard time. It's going to be a great game for sure, a fight to the end for the AFC south. Its to bad to see the Jags having to look for a wildcard to get in the playoffs when the Patriots that were 6-5 last I checked are division leaders and would get into the playoffs. Good luck Sunday, but I do hope you lose :)

GO COLTS!