Sign in to follow this  
Ron G.

Expert advice needed

Hello all! First, I must thank all of you that make this forum such an informative source. Priceless for a newbie such as myself. I need some advice on purchasing a new cold water unit. Initially the primary use will be residential services i.e., house washing, wood/concrete decks, fences and possibly some commercial store fronts. Anyone familiar with http://store.spraymallstore.com/ ?

I think the parent company is VC Equipment Corp. located in Fla. The unit Iam leaning towards is:

http://store.spraymallstore.com/13hp.html

Your comments would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

If you use high octane gas and change the oil regularly (twice a season on the engine and once a season on the pump) you should not have much need for maintenance for the first year or two seeing that the unit has a Honda engine and a Cat pump. These two in combination have proved to be very durable but keep in mind more expensive to repair than units with lesser quality pumps.

Regular belt tensioning and replacement will also be a key maintenance check for you.

If you dont already have a background, learn all you can about small engine repair and pump maintenance in the interim to help you save money and maximize your units life.

The unit your link shows should give you a good amount of service and bring a good return on the investment.

Rod~

Hello all! First, I must thank all of you that make this forum such an informative source. Priceless for a newbie such as myself. I need some advice on purchasing a new cold water unit. Initially the primary use will be residential services i.e., house washing, wood/concrete decks, fences and possibly some commercial store fronts. Anyone familiar with http://store.spraymallstore.com/ ?

I think the parent company is VC Equipment Corp. located in Fla. The unit Iam leaning towards is:

http://store.spraymallstore.com/13hp.html

Your comments would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Its a good buy.Keep oil changed and use high octane gas.watch your belt tension as needed.maintance is key to life of machine.

Rod,

I have had the exact set up for the past three years. I run regular gas, change the oil 2 to 3 times a year but I have never changed or serviced the CAT pump. The oil looks clear. Am I missing something here?

Rod,

I have had the exact set up for the past three years. I run regular gas, change the oil 2 to 3 times a year but I have never changed or serviced the CAT pump. The oil looks clear. Am I missing something here?

maintence as required

Rod,

ha jim pm me if you want to talk more

Thanks for the input people. Have not pulled the trigger on purchasing the unit as of yet. Still putting together a list of misc. items, i.e., telescoping wands, hoses, brushes, safety gear, shurflo set-up, chems., ladders and outfitting my pick-up truck. Any suggestions on minimum required equip.?

I have heard a lot of people say they feel it is.

We have a Largo machine that has been a work horse. It was a sound investment for us and they have been great on the customer service side as well.

I think it's a person preference thing.Most equipment companies offer their equipment with similar pumps and engines and mount it in frame work designed by them.

Thank you. I'm trying to decide between a 2 gun Landa for $8200 or this machine - http://www.amazingmachinery.com/high-volume-hot-pressure-washer-products.html

If you are going to spend 8k for machine then I suggest you buy Hydrotek's 9gpm setup. It comes with it's own chemical setup and they've replaced the AR with a Cat pump. Plus the skid is optional in stainless steel.

If I was running a 4 or 5gpm istead of the 8 then I'd buy immediately. I just can't justify the expenditure for an extra gpm and a pretty frame.

9gpm?? Hmm I like that MORE POWER thing..lol Stainless steel frame would also be pretty too but I'm planning on getting a box truck in the spring. Why make it pretty if no one's going to see it.

I'm also thinking about getting a utility body truck with a 40' lift built in it, I just can't decide. I wish someone made a box truck with a 40' lift, then it would make my choice easier. I like having my equipment sheltered from the weather because we work in the rain a lot. Another concern is theives or vandals.

Henry,

I used to havea link to a place in PA that has what you are describing, at good prices. Do a search for: utility trucks used pa stahl and see what you find. If I find th elink I'll pass it your way, but it was like ayear and a half ago.... they had box truck, large vans with bucket lift, the whole enchilada. They were used and from State of PA's fleet. They sell them cheap, and with miles as low as about 50K to 70K.

Beth

Thanks Beth, that sounds like the place Mathew told me about a while back. Let me know if you find the link and I'll see if I can find it also. I'm just tired of renting lifts. Last month I spent about $1,500 on lift rentals. I don't need or use them often but if I had one, I'd use it all the time! They would be awesome for roof cleaning, roof repairs and ice dam removals. They would also be really nice for some of the complexes we clean gutters on.

Thanx for the 411 on Hydrotek Wahsaway, how much is it?

Depends on where you buy it. Some places will try to take you for 10K+ but the truth is that the most expensive place around here will let you out the door for about the same as the one you were talking about........around 8k