Sign in to follow this  
Xstream Clean

Xjetting HD80 and F18 max

We are going to be using our x-jet for the first time tonight on a convenience store concrete pad. We are going to be trying the HD80 and the F18 max to see which one performs better. Both of these products are powder form and require a 2lb to 5 gallon mix. If the product is mixed with water at these ratios, what is the best way to x-jet it? From what I've read, the lowest ratio with the x-jet is 2:1....

True, that is almost full strength. But my concern is that when I run it through the x-jet, it is going to cut it at least 2:1 which will be way to diluted to get the deep oil stains, gas, and grease that we are trying to tackle. So should we just make a stronger solution and allow the xjet to cut it?

True, that is almost full strength. But my concern is that when I run it through the x-jet, it is going to cut it at least 2:1 which will be way to diluted to get the deep oil stains, gas, and grease that we are trying to tackle. So should we just make a stronger solution and allow the xjet to cut it?
doing concrete you may want to get the right mix by time it mixes it may be strong enough .are ya gonna use hot or cold.you may want to do test spots to see wahts gonna happen with the mix through the x-jet.

It would be better if you apply the HD-80 direct to the concrete. An X-Jet is an excellent tool, however it does not provide the level of control that you want when using a caustic like HD-80.

Ideally you would want a high volume pump with a low pressure fan spray.

Give me a call and we can discuss other solutions.

1-866-536-7393

you could use the x-jet for the large open areas and put it in a pump up sprayer for doing around the gas pumps and anywere else you need more control on overspray.

2 lbs of F-18 for 5 gallons water is equal to 6.4 ounces per gallon. After running that thru the X-Jet at 2:1, it will be the same as if you mixed it at 2.13 ounces per gallon and applied with a pump up.

I mix F-18 at 1 lb per gallon and then X Jet with good results.

I am new to the forum and business and not familar with HD 80 or the other chemical that you guys are using. Have you used ESPEC dry chemical and how do they compare for oil, grease, cost?

Thanks

I have to agree with Russell and Beth.. Using these agents full strength through an x jet is REALLY risky. It makes it to airborn and you don't know where it's going to float. If it lands on pumps or cars it could be a really nasty situation. You should use a deckster or shurflow pump in a situation like this. You still have to be careful with the spray but it's a lot more controlled in this application.

If it lands on pumps or cars it could be a really nasty situation.

Yeah...or people, animals, plants, kids toys...etc.... and how many guys who do this wear the correct PPE? I wouldn't want a face full of this stuff, no way. Or on arms, legs or any part of me. Ever breath this stuff in and feel the burn?

Don't get me started on safety.

Off the soapbox.

Beth

On large areas of concrete a safe and quick method of applying HD-80 is to simply flood the surface and work the product around with a push broom. Then you use a spraye to mist areas that are difficult to keep wet.

In most cases you would not have to use HD-80 at full strength. I would think that a ratio of 1:1 or a 50% mixture would work well.

We have used a deck brush before for agitation. That can be helpful also at times. On the other side of that coin, you can agitate a rust stain when treating it with acid as well...not to go off topic, just remembered it is all...

Beth

Thanks to everyone for their input. Just a quick update. Since we really weren't sure what to do with the x-jet before we left last night, we used our Fimco pump. Initially we didn't think we would have enough hose on the Fimco, so we were going to use the x-jet. We tried both products, the F18 max and the HD80, mixing both at approximately 5oz. per gallon. The service station we were doing will be a test station which could possibly land us a 35 station account, so we went with a stronger mix to ensure the oil stains were removed. Both products performed very well. I know some of you guys sell these products and are obviously biased, but I'm just trying to be honest with everyone else that wanted to know how it turned out. Thanks again for everyone's help...

Where are you guys getting the chemicals f18 and hd80? I currently use powered cleaners, but always try and compare new stuff in search of better cleaners.

Thanks

Where are you guys getting the chemicals f18 and hd80? I currently use powered cleaners, but always try and compare new stuff in search of better cleaners.

Thanks

hd -80 is at sunbritesupply.com

Thank you for the referenced web sites. The Woodtux products and strippers look very reasonable compared to prices I pay around here for products.

Does the woodtux come in different shades(colors) for stains? Or did I really miss something on the site?!?!?

Thanks