Sign in to follow this  
squirtgun

This demonstrates how PC is damaging our society

Question

6 answers to this question

Season's Greetings!

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my wish for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, non-addictive, low stress, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, as well as the secular practices of your choice, but with full respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

And further, please accept my wish for a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendar of choice of other cultures whose contribution to our diverse society has helped make this country great (not to imply that USA is necessarily greater than any other country, and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, veteran status or sexual orientation of the wisher, wishee or their third party beneficiaries).

These wishes are limited to the customary and usual good tidings for a period of approximately one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.

Use of the term "Holiday" herein is not intended to, nor shall it be considered to be, limited to Judeo-Christian celebrations or observances, nor to such activities of any organized or ad hoc religious community group, individual or belief (or lack thereof). In particular, the word "holiday" is used herein without reference to its etymology.

Note: By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal, and is revocable ab initio at the sole discretion of the wisher at any time, for any reason or for no reason.

This greeting is freely transferable provided that there is no alteration to the original greeting text. Any transfer is to be at the risk of the transferor who, by making such transfer, thereby agrees to hold the wishee harmless from any and all adverse consequences resulting from such transfer.

This greeting implies no promise by the wisher to actually take any action or fail to take any action to implement any of the wishes for the wishee her/himself or others, or responsibility for the consequences which may arise from the implementation or non-implementation of same.

This greeting is void where prohibited by law, custom or policy and is offered irrespective of any card, hard copy greeting or embarrassing self-indulgent letter summarizing achievements in 2005, however mendacious, which may or may not have been purveyed by myself or any member of my extended family.

Best (sorry, reasonably endeavored) Wishes,

1st you link us with THAT Redneck guy! Hey I love that show~

Then you try and CYA by posting that LONG, ah heck.

Happy Holiday all.

No CYA on my part Jon. The second was copied and pasted from another website.It's just another example of how we as a society are so afraid of offending someone we will turn our back on our religious beliefs,ethics and morals.

Political Correctness SUCKS!!!!!!!

I don't freak out if I hear 2 Jewish people sharing a Happy Hanukkah,nor, do I do it if I hear 2 African Americans wish each other Happy Kwanza,but maybe in the future if I hear it I'll hire a lawyer to sue them for offending my Southern Baptist Christian beliefs.

Merry CHRISTmas

No CYA on my part Jon. The second was copied and pasted from another website.It's just another example of how we as a society are so afraid of offending someone we will turn our back on our religious beliefs,ethics and morals.

Political Correctness SUCKS!!!!!!!

I don't freak out if I hear 2 Jewish people sharing a Happy Hanukkah,nor, do I do it if I hear 2 African Americans wish each other Happy Kwanza,but maybe in the future if I hear it I'll hire a lawyer to sue them for offending my Southern Baptist Christian beliefs.

Merry CHRISTmas

AMEN

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.............

Not offended, in todays world or at least here in the USA that darn word "polictical correctness" should be OUTLAWED, it is the worst word I can think of and to me has NO MEANING.

Just like the word "CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE" to me that means one thing LAW BREAKERS and those that practice it should be jailed and left there.

Ok enough of my personal views.

Season Greetings n Happy holidays. Those two sayings cover every religion and are not offensive.

Mike I was kidding with you by the way, was not picking on you.