Sign in to follow this  
Tronman

Ballpark pricing for awning cleaning

The awnings are vinyl and in pretty good shape. They just want them cleaned. I will use Delcos AC22. It sounds pretty labor intensive. Delco recomends pre-wetting, then spraying on the chem., then scrubbing with a brush a 4-6 ft area then rinsing with a hose. I will probably rinse with either my M5 at 60 degree spray or my Phelps wand. There are 19 awnings that average 2,850 sq ft. I planned on charging $800.

Feedback?

We clean 2 every 6 months for a local store,each 100ft long. $200 each time so $1 a linear ft works for us.

The vinyl are fairly easy to clean with exception of old dried on bird droppings.Be careful not to scrub hard around seams and edges.

We work in 8ft sections and this seems to work best and rinsing with low pressure.

I had been having some issues trying to get some awnings cleaned well for a customer. Basically, they were neglected for a long time and parts were cleaned with something too strong and removed the color in a section (NOT ME, thank goodness)>

I initially used manufacture recommend cleaner, then gradually stepped up to stronger concentrations and could not get them cleaned. Only removed surface dirt and gridue. I even tried straight 10% sodium Hydrox on a small section. They looked better, but I was not satisfied.

I called 3M, that makes the fabric and they said the white is particular difficult.

Any suggestions???? I did the initial cleaning way too cheap, b/c I do a lot of other work for them.

Thank for any help

tronman,

Thanks... I like your motto! I've been telling my customers something similar.

I did a lot of research on where and what for cleaning awnings and found under "Do it Right" Skyclean. It was www.doitrightonline.com.

Has anyone tried these for awning cleaning or ompared to others?

They seem to have a lot to offer from cleaners, scrubbing, polishing, etc...check it outif you have not been there. I was going to order some to do a test with. The cleaning product of made by Winsol Lab.

Thanks and Good Luck

Brent

All I have used is AC 12 and 22. Works great for me. Awnings are not labor intensive and go very quickly. We charge around .60-.75/ft. Use small 8 inch strokes in an up and down motion and go crossways. We use an 8" brush from Lowes to scrub with.. it's the one with very fine bristles at the end and it's really soft.

I ordered a few of their chemicals yesterday, small quantities, for a trial run at the awnings.

I previously tried some chemicals with an 8" soft brush as you spoke of. Spray area with XJ allow some dewll time while scrubbing and rinse with low pressure fan.

Scrubing small areas up and down and side to side. It took me about 6 hours to get around the restaurant, about 300 lf of about 8' width, black and white vinyl 3M awning material. Only got the surface dirt and grime. I would try additional applications to see if would come off in just layers, but no luck.

Who ever is doing the hood cleaning is really making a BIG mess when they spray the upper sections of the hood on the roof. I am not sure if I can get them cleaned.

Craig, thanks for the tip on AC 12 product, is that a Delco product? Where do you get it?

The awnings are vinyl and in pretty good shape. They just want them cleaned. I will use Delcos AC22. It sounds pretty labor intensive. Delco recomends pre-wetting, then spraying on the chem., then scrubbing with a brush a 4-6 ft area then rinsing with a hose. I will probably rinse with either my M5 at 60 degree spray or my Phelps wand. There are 19 awnings that average 2,850 sq ft. I planned on charging $800.

Feedback?

I still have trouble with pricing on Awnings

Hi Brent and others,

We have been in the Awning cleaning business for 20 plus years here in Florida. Our SkyClean products are the best and most cost effective we have come across. In addition to selling the products our Crews only use these products out in the field. We have years of R&D under our belts.

Please call or ask any questions on our products or e-mail questions to

sales@awningcleaningpro.com

Looking forward to your questions,

Heidi Diehl

Do It Right Inc.