Sign in to follow this  
Jim Carroll

Trailer Security

Wow a kart racer. How cool. Been on my wish list for a couple of years now. N.B. has a nice track I hear.I haven't been back to Schlitterbahn's recently.When I go again I want to eye it over.

Nice alarms too.I like the GPS and the pricing schedule.

Scott

Thanks Jim.

I don't want to come on board and get banned for tooting my horn, but will be more than happy to answer questions if asked.

I did post a picture of a lock on another thread, but if I stepped out of bounds, let me know and I will remove it.

Scott, love kart racing, and NB has a great short track. I've been over to No Problem Raceway a few times to race the enduro track.

Lyle

I don't think you are out of line. It is nice to know that you came to check on us and let us know you are their if we have questions. I am considering putting this alarm on my open trailer. I do a lot of traveling and it would help me sleep when I am out of town staying in a hotel. I am not as worried about someone unbolting stuff as much as I am with someone stealing the whole trailer.

I think you are going to have problems with an open trailer and an alarm. If you can hide the unit, and the battery needed, it might work. You would just be using the shock sensor, and brake lock if the trailer is equipped. This lock, http://www.trailer-alarms.com/ez300.htm might work for you if you don't have a place to hide an alarm.

Not sure about a 3/4 pounder, but I'll take a whopper with cheese.

This thing is great. All the lights work. The alarms is tied to them, with a siren, and since it doesn't have brakes, the light between the tires show when the brakes will lock up. 128 db horn inside that sucker gave me a headache for 3 days. Had to stifle it down.

I don't want to come on board and get banned for tooting my horn, but will be more than happy to answer questions if asked.

I did post a picture of a lock on another thread, but if I stepped out of bounds, let me know and I will remove it.

I can't speak for everyone. But I'll go on the record as saying that I LOVE it when a vendor jumps in here and makes themselves available. I wish more would do so. Vendor sponsored forums are ok, but because people generally only visit them pre-sales (or when they have a problem) the discussion/info can be a little sparse for my tastes.

One thing I would like to pass on. Almost all enclosed trailers look alike from the outside. Paint some kind of identifying marks on the roof of the trailer. Thieves usually don't look up there. They may take stickers off the side, and remove or recreate vin numbers, but this will help you if you need to identify it sometime.

It has been a while since I have been here. I get the newsletter in my email from Beth.

Just wanted to post an update, that DeWalt has a great little alarm/GPS unit that works great for open trailers.

Any questions, give me a shout.

Wow Lyle i will have to make the trip over to see you when i get my enclosed set up. With all the $$$$ invested in equipment its nice to have a little piece of mind that it will still be there when you wake in the morning. I am here in Boerne, do you have a shop setup? I would love to stop by next time I'm in the area.