Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Most and least favorite services you offer

Wood restoration would have to be my least favorite. I dont have patience for it thatmuch. I'll do it but since its such a hard sell around here, I've found I dont even try to sell it here. Plus its hard to schedule, because of having to go back and stain and if that day you schedule it doesnt have the proper weather it really messes up scheduling

My favorite is just about everything else, I like the larger projects that take several days and several men to do it.

I enjoy just about everything.. especially flatwork, bldg. washing, brick restoration.

I don't like and I'm about to give up on efflorescence on salted colored concrete.

roofs here are nicely piched and easy to work. By far the most profitable thing I do. and I like to do them. least liked is house washing, Cant keep the chlorine off me when Im washing walls.

Like- Houses, fleets, heavy equipment

Dont Prefer-Staining, deck work-I may not prefer it but I still market it and stay on top of the industry

I really love the residential services, it just seems like the upsells are easy and the work area is usually pretty peaceful.

I like decks and wood restoration, it is greatly satisfying to see how much better a maltreated deck can look.

I LOVE roof work, nobody here seems to have any idea that they don't have to reroof to eliminate the streaks and stains on their roofs. (rooves?) I love being able to save them that money and trouble, and make decent money at it.

Dislike: Degreasing, especially commercial. People think concrete poured in the fifties, and used daily to catch drippings from similar vintage autos will be perfect for 50 bucks.

I also dislike fleets, around here the market for weekend/beer money types is perfect: "Nobody's wash job is worth paying for," so I pretty much do fleets only if they call me, and then only occassionally to fill down time.

I'm pretty married to niche of removing lichen and moss (and algea) from most anything. I LOVE THAT!:lgmoneyey

dislike staining, and cleaning pool enclosures. I like cleaning home exteriors, and LOVE flatwork (easiest work I do).

The only thing I don't like about washing houses is for the same reasons Jon described, I seem take a chlorine and degerent bath everytime, but I still like it.

I like it all....variation. That's one of the reasons I quit my day job four years ago to pursue this full time. Doing something different everyday, makes everyday enjoyable.

But I do dislike working on ladders, truth be told.

But I do dislike working on ladders, truth be told.

Same here i could do without the ladders! :cool:

All we offer is cleaning and staining.. so i would have to say stripping and having to protect pools and plants etc are my dislikes.

Love woodcare.

Hated Kitchen hoods. But we stopped doing those...the rest of the things we do are pretty cool.

I totally don't like ladders. I do like fall arrest gear if you have to be up high, and I like PPE.

Beth

Like-house Work- Gutters-buildings

Havent Done Much More To Hate Anything Yet. Oh Wait Hate When Customer Says 'thats As Clean As You Can Get It'. Yeah 50bucks Thats It.

Love everything about PWing and owning my own biz.

Hate being a wage slave at the full time job. Can't wait to tell my boss to shove it up his....

I know that really wasn't the question, I guess the least liked service I provide would be cleaning gutter interiors, especially when their full of wet leaves and gunk.

cleaning masonry--new construction & restoration, fleets

dislike residential work but like getting paid same day. dislike having to wait to get paid but its worth it. don't care for roofs either.

I hate GUTTERS! Can't seem to make much money on them either unless I'm doing the house or roof wash also.

Love everything else including our most profitable services Houses, Decks, and Fleets. I like the Fleet work even more right now, it's keeping me warm through the winter.

It was really interesting to hear everyone's opinions. I was surprised how many do not enjoy deck work!

I enjoy Flatwork and Building cleaning the best. I also don't mind Powerwashing Houses and Decks. Stripping decks & houses is OK as long as its not a solid stain(I gave stripping or staining solids a few yrs ago)

Dislikes include Powerwashing/Stipping fences and staining anything but still do them because it pays well.