Sign in to follow this  
rservices

expanding base

Hi

I'm new in this forum, It was suggested by a guy in anouther forum, from what I've read you folks know your stuff.

Heres my deal, I do handy man work in restaurants, I work with about 20 chains. 3 years ago I bought a kartcher 2700 psi unit (cold) and have done ok, it certinly has paid for it self many times over, I charge by the hour so with a cold unit it takes some time and the bill is large.

I would think with a hot unit it wouldnt take so long and if it was more economical for the restaurant they would let me in more often. Many of the restaurants dont even have it done. Also with doing a better job and focusing on the pressure washing service, I could go after more, and different types of work. not restricting myself to restaurants

questions....

reasonable amount to pay for a good hot machine, and where ?

would a mounted carpet steam cleaner me something to consider?

is a carpet unit to low g.p.m, psi

Im not worryed to drop some money on a good unit, I stoped buy discount tools some time ago.

I have a ford F150 that I can mount this on so I wouldnt need a trailer

thanks john

so. eastern wisconsin

John,

Welcome to TGS! I used to live in Milwaukee and visit family/friends there every summer. I personally have always had an aversion to living in Waupun. lol (for those not familiar, there is a rather large prison in Waupun.)

Rather than recommending a specific hot machine, I would suggest you check for a local distributor, as hot machines like to visit them more often than cold machines. Most hot water "skids" will have the same basic parts, from the same basic manufacturers - Honda, Vanguard, Kohler engines, Cat, General, AR pumps and Beckett or Wayne burners. Your key will be in how they are set-up - frame, fittings. (In the back of a pick-up, think about a cover to keep the elements out of the burner.)

If there are no local distributors, there is a Northern Tool in Menomonee Falls. Speaking from personal experience, I can recommend there small trailer. 16hp Vanguard, Cat pump and I believe a Wayne burner and about a 200 gal tank. It is 12 volt, which I have found to be very reliable. (I have had one of these trailer - built by Hydro-Tek - for 3 1/2 years with over 3000 hours on it. One pump rebuild and I had to brace the burner as rain had gone in through the top and collected inside and rusted the floor under the burner. I change the oil in the engine and pump about every 100 hours with Mobile 1.

There are those that would argue against buying from Northern, but I can only speak from experience. (They also offer 0 percent financing on their credit card.) A few months ago, I expanded my "fleet" with another trailer from Northern - a 2 man machine 8 gpm/3000 psi - also made by Hydro-Tek.

I hope some of this helps,

John Orr

Hot machines skid units go around $3800 to $5000 for a 3500 psi 5.6 GPM If your doing alot of concrete the GPM is most important 5 gpm & up is best or better. I know Don Phelps on this BB is now selling the Pressure Pro line and his prices are very good

I have a Pressure Pro 5.6gpm 3500 psi not from Don but same machine and I like it very much. A machine like mine you should be able to get for the mid $4000's

Also if your doing concrete get a surface cleaner I like the Big Guy from Whisper Wash its a great machine. Water Cannon in Orlando has the best price around $719 - $749

PWing is a great biz and since you already have good connections your ahead of the game

Good luck and welcome to TGS its a great place to learn EVERYTHING you need to know about PWing

Just keep asking questins its a great bunch of folks here

Jeff