Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Elevated PW

Question?

I run one of my portable 4gpm belt drives off my tank along with my hot machine, the 4 gpm machine is ground level. Im thinking of getting another 4gpm machine without a frame to replace the portable one Im useing now.

I'd like to have the new machine mounted on a stand up about 2-1/2 to 3 feet from the deck of trailer and water supply is ground level of the trailer It would be a steel stand so I could store other machine under it

With a machine up at least 2-1/2ft will I get proper draw off tank to supply the machine. It would be a belt drive. With it up that high will it be straining the machine, I dont want to burn the pump out

Can I do it?

Thanks

JL

Jeff,

I can't say for sure but I would think it could be done since I've ran my portable powerwashers before by having them on a pool deck and the intake hose about 1.5 ft down sucking up the water in the pool.

The only possible problem that I could see is if you set your Powerwasher up like that, is with everyday use the first time you start the Powerwasher it will take a second or two for the water to go into the pump. Doing this day in and day out may cause damage to the pump...

Jeff,

The only possible problem that I could see is if you set your Powerwasher up like that, is with everyday use the first time you start the Powerwasher it will take a second or two for the water to go into the pump. Doing this day in and day out may cause damage to the pump...

Good point, no way to prime the line to pump. Id really like this unit off the deck.

Any ideas???

JL

Good point about priming the line to the pump. I guess that could be done. The guys that build these set-ups would have the answers to this along with some others that may have a similar set-up to what your asking for.

Where's Russ Johnson..I bet he can give some better insight on this.

Even though the water pick up is at deck level, the water level in the tank, when full, would be close to the level of the pump. As water likes to find its own level, the water in the suction hose will be close to the pump, so the prime distance will be much shorter than you think. A belt drive will purge itself easily, but if it's a concern, you could install a high pressure ball valve on the outlet or the pump opposite the unloader and use it as a bleeder when you start up. I don't think you'll' have a problem, though.

Jeff,

If your supply tank is taller than the machine you could just fill the tank prior to starting it. Gravity will force water to the pump if the level of the water in the tank is higher than the water inlet of the elevated machine.

Hey Jeff I have a cold water back-up unit that sits about 4 ft above water supply.The techs at general said belt drive general pumps would draw water 9 ft.I haven't had a problem with it yet.The second machine sits on that upper deck of my trailer.

Hey Jeff I have a cold water back-up unit that sits about 4 ft above water supply.The techs at general said belt drive general pumps would draw water 9 ft.I haven't had a problem with it yet.The second machine sits on that upper deck of my trailer.

Cool Thanks Mel!

hey Mel How have you been, When you coming to the beach. This town is changing quick, everywhere you look they are ripping down old hotels and putting up condo towers. I mean everywhere, The Blvd, North & South end.

Hope your staying busy

JL

jeff, if you want to make double sure your suction line stays full of water you can install a foot valve

inline between the tank and pump, it will keep the

water from flowing back out of the hose. lowes has them for about 8 bucks.

jeff, if you want to make double sure your suction line stays full of water you can install a foot valve

inline between the tank and pump, it will keep the

water from flowing back out of the hose. lowes has them for about 8 bucks.

Hey Bob I dont even know wht one is I'll be checking them out

Thanks

Cool Thanks Mel!

hey Mel How have you been, When you coming to the beach. This town is changing quick, everywhere you look they are ripping down old hotels and putting up condo towers. I mean everywhere, The Blvd, North & South end.

Hope your staying busy

JL

Hey Jeff everything is great,we are steady not as busy as we would like to be but staying steady.I just got finished with the mall here in Vero and am working on a contract to keep entrance ways cleaned bi-weekly.I would love to come to MB soon last time I was there I didn't recognize the place.

Hey Jeff everything is great,we are steady not as busy as we would like to be but staying steady.I just got finished with the mall here in Vero and am working on a contract to keep entrance ways cleaned bi-weekly.I would love to come to MB soon last time I was there I didn't recognize the place.

Mel

Its a changing MB, Heck I dont recognize the place and I live here. I'd say they tear down at least one hotel every month on the Blvd. Ocean front homes are being torn down and multi million $$$ homes are replacing them, off the Blvd along the entire Grand Strand there is hundreds of new single family homes & condo complexes being built. Its wild Ive never seen anything like it

Mel or others if I should mount a PW up on a steel frame with out the whole frame & wheels should I get some kind of shock absorber (rubber grommetts)to put between machine & steel frame