Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Promotional Video for my website

Here is the link to a first draft video I put together for property cleaning. I am going to incorporate it into my website which I am working on in drifts and drabs. I still have some timing editing and things to add but let me know what you think.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/9181518173390406/promo_0001/

I think its agreat idea for your web sight. I dont like the font style at the beginning, not bold enough i think you should do your logo at the start of it. Most of the font colors in the sentences were to close in color to the background pictures couldnt see all the words to read them. Also some of it was to fast not enough time to read it or see some of the pics.

Just trying to be helpful no offense

I know you'll tune it up and it will be even cooler

Great start & idea

JL

Very cool input, Jeff. I agree with you on the pace of the video, it's pretty quick in many spots. I did it for video size (and short attention spans) but I could use more compression and make the video have a more pleasing tempo and still have a smallish file. The colors are tough. I have tried a few but most do not come up right, I think the key may be placement or like you said, fonts.

Ken, that is very cool!! Great musical tracts, went very well with the pace you set. Font/color like everyone said........regarding pics, that one house you did, three story in the front w/ wood garage doors, rust stains.......the before/afters on that are not as "ka-boom" as I remember when you posted them.......maybe if you had a closer-up "before" shot to see the bad areas???

.....logo at the beginning....stating the obvious......

I wonder if you did trimmed the font in a different color if it would pop more?? Should be an easy fix for a good designer.

Oh, I'm sure you are done putting pics in the slide, but put a "team" shot on your website, that is always welcoming to me. And add some "skirt" to it.....it will soften the appearance of your team.

Very nice Ken. The music is what makes it. I had wanted to use a song in the past, did you purchase the music from a website or something? If you did, could you share that website with me?

I found some royalty free music before but it was all boring stuff, nothing anyone would have ever known.

Thanks!!

Anyone thinking of putting one of these together should consider using music that is royalty free. If not, be sure to secure the Artist's permission in writing, and don't forget to include it in your credits. To get an Artist's permission you need to contact the music company that handles their music.

Beth :groovy3: :sunshine: :dancing:

Yeah the music is a tough one. You can imagine the royalties on mainstream music like the titles I used. Beth brought this to my attention and the point is very valid. I figure I am small potatoes and who would really see it but maybe a few hundred visitors to my website but the more I think about it, something like this can come back and bite you in the azz. Wouldn't it be wonderful to build a multi million dollar empire to have an artist's legal team nail you for tens of thousands for something you did twenty years ago? What does everyone else think?

Yeah the music is a tough one. You can imagine the royalties on mainstream music like the titles I used. Beth brought this to my attention and the point is very valid. I figure I am small potatoes and who would really see it but maybe a few hundred visitors to my website but the more I think about it, something like this can come back and bite you in the azz. Wouldn't it be wonderful to build a multi million dollar empire to have an artist's legal team nail you for tens of thousands for something you did twenty years ago? What does everyone else think?

That is why we had to remove th music to our Clean Across America video that we had on our PWNA Website...Sorry to say that this Country is Sue Happy and if you become a big player in the industry there are those Sharks out there that are just waiting for you to swim in there waters...

Ethically I have mixed felings. As far as customers I don't think most would ponder whether or not I attained a synchronization license for the material. How many people have wedding videos with pop music running through the entire length? If all of that music is licensed, then Enya must be a very rich lady.

Ken,

I think the major difference here is your using the music for a commercial business. Most artists have no problem with personal use.

Even royalty free music on the internet is only free for personal use. You have to purchase it for use in any type of business setting.

I wouldn't use popular music on a website. Maybe a live presentaion, such as a Home Owners show, or something like that?

I think the major difference here is your using the music for a commercial business. Most artists have no problem with personal use.

Exactly. And remember the music is the property of the musician who also has a right to get paid.

Just because you have to ask permission doesn't mean they will say no, or charge you an arm and a leg either. In my opinion better to ask, than not ask.

Beth

I just bought video editing software a couple weeks ago, I was thinking of using it for something like this. Will be a while though, since I havnt done a website yet. they have music in the software that can be dubbed, but Im not sure you really need it. The visual effect is enough and is quite frankly fantastic. Nice job ken.