Sign in to follow this  
Tronman

Black streaks on red cloth awning

I used Delco's cleaning chem with a truck brush. I pre-wet the awning and then mixed a five gallon bucket of chem. I applied straight from the bucket to the awning using a yellow soft truck brush. I scrubed each area twice up and down adn worked my way across. I even began letting it sit on the awning for a while beofre washing with my M-5 X-Jet. It removed green mold, bird poop, and a lot of the black stains but I was left with some dark black streaks. It is either from years of bird poop or from a couple of metal signs above the awning (rust etc.).

Has anyone had a similar situation?

What did you do to remove the black streaks?

Pictures? Call an awning cleaning chemical company and explain what you have done and see what they have to offer. Most I've talked to know exactly what needs to be done if anything. Some times you have to make sure your contract states some marks wont come out because of neglected years of maintenance.

I would have to say good soaps clean bird droppings on cloth awnings. The awning cleaning industry uses different tools to do this type of job. (This market could use some targeting!!!)

We use soaps that are designed to clean exteriors of metal, wood, concrete, stone, brick and other building materials.

The Awning industry uses cleaners that are made to clean textiles. My 2.

Dan

Hey Ken

You can try a company called Awning Rejuenation out of Florida used a product that they sell called STREAK MAGIC works well if you use it right. Hope you are not pw the awning it tends to stretch the fabric and voids the Warenty. hope this helps you

Jim

Quality Cleaning Contractors

since we are on the subject, how do you remove massive amounts of bird poop from canvas awnings?

I have used a spot remover product from Winsol products it worked well for me