Sign in to follow this  
Lou Noble

Stone Talk

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! no stone talk?!?!?!?! Once you learn how to work on stone everything else will be just work!!!

Stone Work: Clean and Seal, Polish, Hone, Fills, Scratch Removal, Etch Removal, Stripping etc...Nobody has ever done any of this?!?!?!

I try my hardest to keep my stain OFF the stone that's on the houses and fences i work on!

Lou,what is the best type of cleaner i could use if i get some of my oil base stain on them? I work quite a bit around the stone like that's on the house in my avatar i'm not sure what type of stone they are..

I use Xylene and try scrubbing the spots now and works pretty good if i get to the spot quick enough.

We tried cleaning and sealing pavestone for a while...acid wash...sealed..we were using a product made by Adement.It was a pretty hard sale to make for the most part.Most people didn't like the sheen that the sealer made.Trying to sell the customer on how easy the the stone will be after you seal them was tough.

How much $$ a sqft can you get for cleaning and sealing pavestone in Cali?

Also how long do most seal jobs hold up before you have to redo them 3-4 yrs??

Here is a pic of a stain removal i cleaned made from some potted plants set on the stone also the the chems i used.

Shane that is a great question!!! Staining is a problem and when you learn how to remove the stains from the stones you will have a nice business just doing that.

For each stain there is a remover:

for a stain that has penatrated the stone olive oil, grease, kitchen stains the product you use will depend on how long the stain has been in the stone. for a stove area that has oil and grease that sat for days at a time you could use a politice and add something like metholine chloride or a degreasing stripper that is safe for the stone.

If it is a potted plant that put the stain or mark on the stone a simple tooth brush and an alkaline or acid stripper( depending on the make up of the stone) will work fine.

Also there are sealers for pavers that wont leave any finish, you wont know they are ther until spills bead up and roll of the stone.

Keep them commin guys, great question!! Im going to turn you guys into stone works, you just watch!!