Sign in to follow this  
Steve Kiser

Shur-flo

Okay I finally got my shur-flo in 2 gpm and 60 psi, I am going to mount it to a two wheel cart. Is there anything I need to know when wiring outside of put a switch and a fuse on it?? Which do u guys find better to use with a 3/8 braided hose or air hose?? And lastly any suggestions on tips size for spraying stripper and ox through it. Thanks guys

Okay I finally got my shur-flo in 2 gpm and 60 psi, I am going to mount it to a two wheel cart. Is there anything I need to know when wiring outside of put a switch and a fuse on it?? Which do u guys find better to use with a 3/8 braided hose or air hose?? And lastly any suggestions on tips size for spraying stripper and ox through it. Thanks guys

I have been using a air hose with no problems, and I believe I have a 60deg #10 tip on a phelps wand. I also use the same tip on a 6' extendable wand that I purchased from northern hydraulic. I have had good luck with the higher amperage switches opposed to the cheaper low amp ones. Just make sure you rinse the whole system immediately after each use, by running several gallons of water through it.

We like to use the 3/8 braided hose because it is lightweight and easier to handle. Where did you get your shur-flo from? I am looking for a back up one to have in hand. I would also be intersted in knowing if anyone has ever rebuilt one before?

ShurFlo's are easily rebuilt, There's a diaphragm, a valve cartridge, and a few o rings in the pressure switch activator. I always recommend that my customers mount the pumps upside down, so a leaking diapgragm won't cost them a motor.

We like to use the 3/8 braided hose because it is lightweight and easier to handle. Where did you get your shur-flo from? I am looking for a back up one to have in hand. I would also be intersted in knowing if anyone has ever rebuilt one before?

Northern tool had them on sale for $60 I think.