Sign in to follow this  
Mountain View

First House Wash/Paint Prep

Question

I have a house wash/paint prep booked for tomorrow. I was planning on using TSP. The majority of the house is just dirty brick, spider webs, etc. There is some flaking paint on the eves and fascia. I told him that I would do what I could about knocking off some of the flaky paint but that I wouldn't hit it with too much pressure for fear of gouging the wood. I told him that in some cases you just have to use some elbow grease and that the cleaning and "de-flaking" would make it a little easier to finish the scraping. I will pre wet wet wet and rinse rinse rinse. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

7 answers to this question

I was planning on putting in some liquid cascade. I will be downstreaming. I will be wearing a hat, glasses, gloves, rain suit (top at least), and a resperator. Would I be better off using a sudsing surfactant?

I was planning on putting in some liquid cascade. I will be downstreaming. I will be wearing a hat, glasses, gloves, rain suit (top at least), and a resperator. Would I be better off using a sudsing surfactant?
Dont worry about the paint peeling away .your gonna do him a favor of getting a lot of the loose chips off.Just hit it with what ya have and go on to the next one .