Sign in to follow this  
mdspowerwashing

Poll: What type of pressure washing rig do you use?

What type (portable/trailer/truck) of pressure washer do you use?  

618 members have voted

1. 1. What type (portable/trailer/truck) of pressure washer do you use?

• Trailer Mounted
    • Portable Gas
    • Portable Electric
    • Truck or Van Mounted
    • Other

Question

Hi, I was just looking to see what type of pressure washer you guys use - Portable pressure washer , Trailer mounted rig, Box van/ truck mounted, or other.

I have a trailer mounted rig (delco 5.5gpm hot water) with 525 gallon tank, and I also have a portable 13hp 4gpm cold machine. I've been thinking lately, I do mostly house washing and decks, I usually pull my 18 foot pressure washing trailer. For most, if not all my jobs, I could just use the portable 13hp pressure washer. Do most you guys have trailer rigs, or just use a portable pressure washer?

I'm actually thinking of just selling the whole trailer mounted rig, and keeping my portable 13hp 4gpm machine, x jet, nozzles, wand, chemicals, ladder and just using it. Its kind of a pain to lug around a 18 foot trailer and back into some tight places, not to mention the extra wear on the truck, and decreased fuel milage. What do you guys think? Sell it or keep it? I know its nice to have 5.5gpm and the hot water, but I just don't seem to do a lot of concrete cleaning where I need the hot water.

Thanks, Matt

174 answers to this question

Hey Russ nice rig .. We have the same vac unit .. but ours has about 20 foot of hose as we use it inside a hospitol to clean tile floors.. So out of all those machines which one do you use the most ...?? Also it's a good thing you have a Ford I dont think a Cheby would pull it.. LOL

I like the 20 hp with the 12 volt hot box combo the best.

I use a 1200psi 3.5 gpm 2 hp electric motor combination unit for my hood systems enclosed and mounted in a 6x12 single axle enclosed trailer and my 3000 psi 6 gpm 700 cc motor cold water unit is portable but hauled on my 4x8 with a 300 gallon supply,the 4x8 i made years ago the axle is a mobil home axle with 14.5 inch low bow tires.And i have a portable hot water unit 1200 psi 2.5 gpm unit used as a back up for the hood system cleaning.And i haul with a 2002 Chevy 2500hd with a 496 big block 8.1 liter and a 5 speed Allison transmission.

Marko:)

Edited by cleanhoods

I've been using my 5x8 open trailer for 4 years. I have a 4.5 gal 4000 psi Vanguard 16hp key start belt drive with a 30 gal buffer tank. I have a 4gpm 3700psi pull start for a back up or for a helper to use on larger jobs. 200 ft h.p. hose on a reel with another 100ft in the truck if I need it, 100 ft garden hose on another reel. Wands, chems, storage boxes all on the trailer. Nice and compact. Have room to add a hot box if I take out one of the storage boxes but I do wood and residential and haven't yet found a job that I NEED hot water for. If I were to branch into commercial work then that's another story. Trailer is real easy to work with. Back it into my driveway, disconnect from the truck, lift up the trailer tongue and push it back into my garage. Hook up to drive off and back in to in the garage; 5 minutes each.

Edited by Mountain View

I've been using my 5x8 open trailer for 4 years. I have a 4.5 gal 4000 psi Vanguard 16hp key start belt drive with a 30 gal buffer tank. I have a 4gpm 3700psi pull start for a back up or for a helper to use on larger jobs. 200 ft h.p. hose on a reel with another 100ft in the truck if I need it, 100 ft garden hose on another reel. Wands, chems, storage boxes all on the trailer. Nice and compact. Have room to add a hot box if I take out one of the storage boxes but I do wood and residential and haven't yet found a job that I NEED hot water for. If I were to branch into commercial work then that's another story. Trailer is real easy to work with. Back it into my driveway, disconnect from the truck, lift up the trailer tongue and push it back into my garage. Hook up to drive off and back in to in the garage; 5 minutes each.

believe me if I didnt do commercial I would have our set up with cold only and it would be way way smaller

Hello everyone,I am new here but heres my rig.5x8 open trailer,125 gal buffer tank two Cox heavy duty hoses reels with 200ft high pressure hose and 100ft supply hose.The pressure washer is 4.5 gpm an 4000psi cold water,an a aluminum truck toolbox.I only do residenital so its perfect for me.I pull it with a 2005 Chevy Silverado truck,1500 series.Thanks

post-6011-137772300559_thumb.jpg

post-6011-137772300638_thumb.jpg

post-6011-137772300712_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cleaner

Hey Offduty, that is awesome man.I live 2 miles from Autryville on highway 210,On the boards I say Fayetteville because most people don't know where Autryville is.I will call you tomorrow to chat a minute if you don't mind.

North Cak-a-laky in the hoooouse...................... 2- 8 gpm, 1- 5.5 gpm open trailer hot water units.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14700[/ATTACH]I rigs are in a in closed trailer we use alot of loose tools as well and it works real nice for us.

Edited by Ronw
Adding picture

I have a 5 gallon a minute cold water unit mounted in a van with 300 gallon water tank and also an enclosed hot water trailer unit for residential and commercial cleaning

I've run a trailer setup for close to 10 years. Last fall I bought a flatbed and recently switched everything over. It's gonna take a few weeks to get use to everything being in a different location, but I love not having to pull a trailer. The flatbed is set up with a 5.5gpm hot water skid, 275gal. tote, 125gal. roof cleaning chem tank, 3 35gal chem tanks, delavan, and hose n reels. I'm hoping to add another hot skid sometime this year.

post-4539-13777230958_thumb.jpg

post-4539-137772309615_thumb.jpg

post-4539-137772309649_thumb.jpg

post-4539-137772309716_thumb.jpg

I've run a trailer setup for close to 10 years. Last fall I bought a flatbed and recently switched everything over. It's gonna take a few weeks to get use to everything being in a different location, but I love not having to pull a trailer. The flatbed is set up with a 5.5gpm hot water skid, 275gal. tote, 125gal. roof cleaning chem tank, 3 35gal chem tanks, delavan, and hose n reels. I'm hoping to add another hot skid sometime this year.

Chris, the flatbead looks sweet, missed you last saturday

Thanks Nigel.

Are you referring to the Sunbrite seminar or the Window Cleaners event? The Sunbrite seminar was the same day as my wedding reception, Lol. So missing that would've been a bad way to start off the marriage. As for the Window cleaners event, it was raining so hard here, I didn't even feel like leaving the house. Hopefully, we can all get together again sometime this year.

Thanks Nigel.

Are you referring to the Sunbrite seminar or the Window Cleaners event? The Sunbrite seminar was the same day as my wedding reception, Lol. So missing that would've been a bad way to start off the marriage. As for the Window cleaners event, it was raining so hard here, I didn't even feel like leaving the house. Hopefully, we can all get together again sometime this year.

Congrats Chris, my wife and I just hit "diamond" today.

Yes I was implying Sunbrite/Sunbelt seminar, sure I am open to the idea of a meeting or better yet a pw project together.

Thanks Andrew. Yea, the entire setup was laid out by me. I had been thinking about it before I ever got the truck. My friend and I built the ladder rack and mounted the boxes. I painted everything and my father and I mounted all tanks, reels, and the machine. I even did the signs.