Sign in to follow this  
glock40

Gutters

Does anyone have a proven faster method to cleaning gutters. I am tired of wiping down gutters by hand 35 feet in the air with a bunch of rags. My arms feel like superman after 5 hours.

Can anyone please help with a faster method.

There are quite a few products out there that will work quite well with out any brushing. Call your vendor and ask them if they carry Gutter Zap or a similiar product. Then get your m5 and clean them from the ground, I think you will be surprised how much easier it can be.

Does anyone have a proven faster method to cleaning gutters. I am tired of wiping down gutters by hand 35 feet in the air with a bunch of rags. My arms feel like superman after 5 hours.

Can anyone please help with a faster method.

use an extension pole and brush it on, spray a butyl based gutter cleaner full strength on the brush, lift the pole up and brush it off, you will probably get about 10 ft of it clean then re-apply the chem to the brush and keep going. rinse before it dries. better way is to x-jet it if you can get at least 3:1 ratio, sometimes you will still have to brush them. other metholds are with low volume high pressure electric pumps, or if the gutter is within 15 ft or so apply with a pump up bug sprayer, and brush. make sure the sprayer has viton seals or it wont

last too long with butyl. sometimes you can spray on and rinse off, but dont count on it, especially with older painted gutters. sometimes its fast and easy sometimes not, even with best gutter cleaner.

dont let the chem dry on glass, it could be permanent.

my 02.

Hello Gang

I understand how you are cleaning the exterior of the gutters.

My question is how you are cleaning out the gutters themselves. I Have the curved attachement.

What pressure do you reccomend. What nozzle?

Thanks