Sign in to follow this  
TPExterior Cleaning

Best Red Dirt Removal from residential homes

Question

Hi everyone.... Im new to the site and this is my first post. Everyone has been extremely helpful with all there ideas and information. My question is concerning red dirt. Some homes accmulate red dirt that stain or remains on the homes. What is the best chemical to apply on residential properties to make this dirt just roll right off. I have tried simple green & bleach mixed 1/10 ratio but nothing seems to work. Please enlighten. Thanks

11 answers to this question

Mineral deposits often require an acidic cleaner. If you are familiar with oxalic acid try that next. I think that mud is a southern thing.

Just a heads uo for ya' too... You'll maybe get more reception if you fill out your signature lines.. so we know who you are. Welcome to the board.

Hi everyone.... Im new to the site and this is my first post. Everyone has been extremely helpful with all there ideas and information. My question is concerning red dirt. Some homes accmulate red dirt that stain or remains on the homes. What is the best chemical to apply on residential properties to make this dirt just roll right off. I have tried simple green & bleach mixed 1/10 ratio but nothing seems to work. Please enlighten. Thanks

i know what you mean, had a white vinyl today that was washed with usual bleach and soap mix, everything came clean but one end of the house had an orangeish tint to it after washing. only way i know to get it off is to brush it, when you agitate it it breaks the bond between

the clay and vinyl and rinses off.

oxalic works great for set in stains but spraying it over and entire house could be a pain because of the amout of chem you would need to do that, plus convincing the h.o. to pay for it. you cant really see it untill after the house has been washed, then you have to explain it to them and charge more for the mud removal.

most h.o's ive encountered dont like what im telling them about paying more to get the mud off.

of course if its obvious before you wash you can put that in the pricing. i usually brush it and apply

oxalic afterwards to any clay that has stained in.

if anyone knows of a chem other than oxalic id like to know too, oxalic is a pain to mix. having it roll right off would be great. next time i get a job like that i will try muratic and see if it works, i know it works

on concrete but never tried it on vinyl or painted wood.

I brush my gutter cleaner along the bottom of vinyl siding if its stained with mud or even Dog oil from there skin thats on the siding along the porches where the lay down. Brushing also works some on painting siding

but not as good as Vinyl. For concrete, the cheapest for me is OX.

Bob and others, do you just spray and leave it? I do that on drives with great results but never on a house because of the paint, I thought it would damage the paint. Just curious. I use muriatic to remove the red clay off of brick around a house.

Bob and others, do you just spray and leave it? I do that on drives with great results but never on a house because of the paint, I thought it would damage the paint. Just curious. I use muriatic to remove the red clay off of brick around a house.

Hey Jeff,

The chemical you are using that contains muriatic... is it something sunbrite sells? I cleaned a brick home recently and could not get the red clay stains out of the brick.

Thanks,

Mike