Sign in to follow this  
bforbis

Ready Seal Colors

Question

Has anyone used the RS light brown lately. I have applied to several decks this spring and summer and each have been much darker than expected or any of the samples I made or have referenced from samples provided from RS.

I realize it is dependant on many things such as age of wood, etc, but the color looks more of that from the medium brown.

Thanks

Brent

4 answers to this question

Have you checked it since it cured?? Not knowing your experience with RS, I'll assume you know the difference in appearance if you are sampling on new smooth wood, and staining a 15yr old, abused deck. Let us know,

Yes, I understand the difference the age of the wood makes, as well as, previous care/condition.....

Have checked a couple completed early in the season, are soemwhat darker, but are of older, neglected wood.

I guess that was one of those questions......Duh! and checking to see if my perspective was true

Thanks

Yes, I understand the difference the age of the wood makes, as well as, previous care/condition.....

Have checked a couple completed early in the season, are soemwhat darker, but are of older, neglected wood.

I guess that was one of those questions......Duh! and checking to see if my perspective was true

Thanks

I have never done any decks before, but on fences I know that if you stain light brown (ready seal) on a cedar fence vs a spruce, it would look darker. Correct me if I am worng, but since I never done decks before, would it be the same?

ReadySeal takes about 1-2 weeks to reach its true color and and like john said age will defintely effect the outcome, the older wood will soak up more of the sealer and will be darker than a newer board whose pores have not opened up as much.