Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

An excellent suggestion deserves a new forum!

Great idea Beth!

As mentioned in another post recently, our company does get involved in cleaning up after fires. Our focus has been wildland fires in which we would concentrate on entire neighborhoods that were/are in the path of the drift smooke and soot.

I think a few years back we sent over to you the press coverage that was done on our company for the wildland fires down in S. Calif and the service that we provided.

I did a resi wash on a 90 year old "Southern Style Georgia" home.

It was really large and really valuable mainly due to it's history and location.

It wasn't much different from a regular resi wash except that the glass was sensative and needed to be covered. It had really tall columns ( I love my xjet). The bricks were not normal size, but half the normal thickness. Alot of the hardware (hinges, knobs, light fixtures were from a completely different era) with unusual themes and designs. Extra caution there as well. All and all it made a vast improvement on the overall appearance before some of the more heavy duty contractors came in to finish it out.

Sorry for no pics. Disc is in a box .................. somewhere.

But it think this falls in line with the thread.

I love my xjet

Hope everyone is having a great Summer so far.

We are rapidly becoming proficient at flood recovery services. Our main service that we are providing this and next week are silt and mud extraction from cellars.

We offer two levels of service for this:

The comprehesive service: This is really, really, really, really expensive. This is where we muck out all of the mud and slime anf then perform a final cleaning and sanitizing. We have done cellars with 3 inches of mud to 21 inches of mud.

The Basic service: This is really, really, expensive. The homeowner extracts most of the mud and muck, then we perform a final cleaning and sanitizing.

We also offer a few other flood recovery services:

Interior Service: We are offering interior washdown and silt removal.

Commercial Recovery: We provide commercial recovery priority service. We also offer a twenty percent discount to the Otsego County Chamber of Commerce Businesses (we are a membr) that require cleaning service sdirectly related to the 2006 flood.

We have used radio ads and word of mouth getting us all the business we need. 25 percent for insurance claims, 65 percent COD and 10 percent on terms.

We purchased a few extra pieces of equipment (Beth - edit this if I violated product posting rules). I bought a few of the sludge pumps for the pressure washer and a steel eagle recovery surface cleaner for the final cleaning (had it overnighed express in).

I have vacuum systems - a nikro duel head vacuum, a vacuboom duel head vacuum, a 6.5 gallon shop vac and three different types of sump pumps.

Equipment is the key we can do a large cellar in less than a day, we did one in 4 hours this morning (2 man crew).

The Bottom Line: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$