Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Sullivan

would blasting work for this?

Question

we won a bid on a new 4 story condominium complex. we were to clean all the breezeways of drywall mud, paint, etc...

well...we started on the fourth floor and ten minutes in water was leaking down the wall of the third floor. now, we covered our 'a$$' by having a signed agreement on this, and the contractor is completely cool considering his tenant tore him a new one.

anyways, i have been racking my brain for a month and today thought about soda or sand blasting.

would this work for this application? i have never used blasting of any type. so, if it would work, where would i get the equipment?

thanks,

aaron sullivan

6 answers to this question

We have cleaned condo breezeways before and always used water for it. Occasionally you will get a leak. Most property managers are already aware of where leak issues are, and can tell you ahead of time if you ask them. If you use sand or soda in the breezeway you are left with all of that media to clean up. It doesn't run off, it just sort of sits there.

Beth :cup:

these have never been done before. it is a post construction job to remove all the gunk from the concrete so they can stain it. the water isn't getting in the units. it is going between the pad and the wall and going down to the next floor.

as of now, we are scraping and wire-bristle brushing the junk up, but it isn't removing 100% of everything. the contractor is fine with our work, but i am far from pleased.

i just thought of the blasting yesterday and thought i would ask.

thanks,

aaron sullivan

Aaron,

An abasive blast in my opinion would be a great idea, the work would be done quick and easy. Media would be easily swept up and disposed of with no environmental concerns, soda is a good choice of abrasive. However don't recomend doing it your self if you have no equipment or experience. I can recomend a contactor in your area if your interested. Please no sand, its killing people.