Sign in to follow this  
Rfitz

Before Hiring Immigrants read This NOW......

Question

Some Interesting Statistics....

From the L.A Times:

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10 million

people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because

they

are predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal

aliens.

4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien

Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are

Mexican

nationals here illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in

garages.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most

likely illegal aliens from south of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9 million

speak

Spanish (10.2 million people in L.A. County).

(All the above from the Los Angeles Times)

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on

welfare.

Over 70% of the United States' annual population growth (and over 90%

of

California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration.

The cost of immigration to the American taxpayer in 1997 was, (after

subtracting taxes immigrants pay), a NET $70 BILLION a year,

[Professor

Donald Huddle, Rice University]. The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes

paid

minus services used) for the average adult Mexican immigrant is a

NEGATIVE number.

29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

If they can come to this country to raise Hell and demonstration by

the

thousands, Why can't they take charge over the corruption in their own

country?

THE U.S. VS MEXICO: On February 15, 1998, the U.S. and Mexican soccer

teams met at the Los Angeles Coliseum. The crowd was overwhelmingly

pro-Mexican even though most lived in this country. They booed during

the

National Anthem and U.S. flags were held upside down. As the match

progressed, supporters of the U.S. team were insulted, pelted with

projectiles, punched and spat upon. Beer and trash were thrown at the

U.S. players before and after the match. The coach of the U.S. team,

Steve Sampson said, "This was the most painful experience I have ever

had

in this profession."

Did you know immigrants from Mexico and other non-European countries

can

come to this country and get preferences in jobs, education, and

government contracts? It's called affirmative action or racial

privilege.

The Emperor of Japan or the President of Mexico could migrate here and

immediately be eligible for special rights unavailable for Americans

of

European descent.

Recently, a vote was taken in the U.S. Congress to end this practice.

It

was defeated. Every single Democratic senator except Ernest Hollings

voted to maintain special privileges for Hispanic, Asian and African

immigrants. They were joined by thirteen Republicans. Bill Clinton

and

Al Gore have repeatedly stated that they believe that massive

immigration

from countries like Mexico is good. They have also backed special

privileges for these immigrants.

Corporate America has signed on to the idea that minorities and third

world immigrants should get special, privileged status. Some examples

are

Exxon, Texaco, Merrill Lynch, Boeing, Paine Weber, Starbucks and many

more.

DID YOU KNOW?: Mexico regularly intercedes on the side of the defense

in

criminal cases involving Mexican nationals? Did you know that Mexico

has

NEVER extradited a Mexican national accused of murder in the U.S. in

spite of agreements to do so? According to the L.A. Times, Orange

County, California is home to 275 gangs with 17,000 members; 98% of

which are Mexican and Asian. How's your county doing?

According to a New York Times article dated May 19, 1994, 20 years

after

the great influx of legal immigrants from Southeast Asia, 30% are

still

on welfare compared to 8% of households nationwide. A Wall Street

Journal editorial dated December 5, 1994 quotes law enforcement

officials

as stating that Asian mobsters are the "greatest criminal challenge

the

country faces." Not bad for a group that is still under 5% of the

population.

Is education important to you? Here are the words of a teacher who

spent

over 20 years in the Los Angeles School system. "Imagine teachers in

classes containing 30-40 students of widely varying attention spans

and

motivation, many of whom aren't fluent in English. Educators seek

learning materials likely to reach the majority of students and that

means fewer words and math problems and more pictures and

multicultural

references."

WHEN I WAS YOUNG: I remember hearing about the immigrants that came

through Ellis Island. They wanted to learn English. They wanted to

breathe free. They wanted to become Americans. Now, far too many

immigrants come here with demands. They demand to be taught in their

own

language. They demand special privileges--affirmative action. They

demand ethnic studies that glorify their culture.

HOW CAN YOU HELP? Send copies of this letter to at least two other

people, 100 would be even better.

70 answers to this question

They cause more problems than they do good. Get rid of the illigal ones and keep the ligitimate ones under the microscope. I had a lot of first hand experience with this group in idaho. Rude, crude and had no concern for other people and keeping a nice town nice. I watched a couple mexicans drag a guy outside of a bar, beat him uncouncious, left him in a pool of blood and walked off laughing. Minutes before that i went to the bathroom and the same guys were in there and told me that i was a minority in there, being in the military and an american i disagreed, they laughed and that is when they drug that kid outside. Needless to say, they got theirs, and they ended up in jail. Makes me mad thinking about it. This was the first incident that came to mind. I have many more..............

I don't think anyone would consider hiring any individual that would fall in the above statistics no matter what "ethnic" makeup he or she is.

I agree. Some Americans are as bad if not worse then some of these illegals. Kenneth Lay from Enron who cost over 80,000 people there 401k savings and there jobs comes to mind. He got what he deserved..Buried 6 ft under.

I agree. Some Americans are as bad if not worse then some of these illegals. Kenneth Lay from Enron who cost over 80,000 people there 401k savings and there jobs comes to mind. He got what he deserved..Buried 6 ft under.

That's what they say he's buried 6ft under :hmmm:....hmmmm :dunno:

That's what they say he's buried 6ft under :hmmm:....hmmmm :dunno:

Hmmmmm, money can buy anything even faking your own death. Looks like Oliver Stone might have another movie to make

The solution is ... Do not hire them, Do not do business with those that do hire them. Encourage everyone you know to do the same. No matter how low thier prices are, in the long run, it isn't a good deal. I no longer accept contracts from Builders that hire illegals.

I think these anti-immigrants would do well to remember that their ancestors were also immigrants to this land that belonged to the Indians for thousands upon thousands of years, they are living on stolen land. Europe and the world would never had begun colonizing this territory had it not been for Spain and all the work it did with all the explorers it sent here in the 1500s.

This is a site to share our professional opinions, suggestions about this industry.

Perhaps these anti-immigrants should find an anti-immigrant board, I am sure there are many to spew their bile and hatred. They don't fool anyone with their extreme and obvious bias.

New York City’s Republican mayor, Mike Bloomberg may have summed up best when he wrote the following in today’s Wall Street Journal: “In New York City, 500,000 of our more than three million immigrants are here illegally. Although they broke the law by illegally crossing our borders or overstaying their visas, our economy would be a shell of itself had they not, and it would collapse if they were deported. The same holds true for the nation… Now, instead of pointing fingers about the past, let's accept the present for what it is by bringing people out of the shadows, and focus on the future by casting those shadows aside, permanently.”

Just a few links to educate, these "not-so professional" members:

http://benevolus.typepad.com/benevolus/2006/05/this_whole_immi.html

http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=leg_legislationd397

http://www.dnu.org/service/grist-oct05.pdf#search='immigrant%20misconceptions'

Robgio,

Appreciate your post as it explains another look at the immigration concerns that this country is facing.

Certainly this is a bbs that holds up very high standards as it relates to professionalism and industry related topics.

Robgio,

Thank you for your post. It is appreciated. I share your views.

Beth

p.s. I'm moving this thread to the Club House forum, it doesn't add to the Employee forum. The content no doubt came from a piece of spam sent to the poster, and I'm surprised it was posted given he said in another post that he doesn't think people learn from reading.

People say don't hire or do business with illegals or people whom hire them... I have NEVER met anyone that advertises "I hire illegals"! This is an non-merit statement in my opinion. I have 11 Spanish-Americans that report directly to me, as well as Bosnian, German, African, Canadian, American, etc... One thing they all have in common is they're human beings. All with families, & kid's to feed. Just for the fact and not opinion, my by far most ethical & highest achieving performers are of Latin decent. I think many times we fear that. Ethics & performance are not governed by green cards!

I'm just glad the American Indians did not have an INS.

I think these anti-immigrants would do well to remember that their ancestors were also immigrants to this land

I 100% support "LEGAL" immigration. My ancestors all came here LEGALY and at great personal and financial expense. They did not brake the law and they learned English and taught it to their children.

Are you saying that it is OK for illegals to break the law and not be punished? There are several laws that I would like to break…would that be OK or does this thinking not pertain to me since I am a legal citizen?

We all hate the low-ballers in our cities that cut corners, break the law and operate illegally…. but aren’t they also just trying to make a buck to better their lives and feed their families. If they are illegal immigrants does that make it better?

I'm just glad the American Indians did not have an INS.

We still would have conquered them. I’m just a dumb contractor but throughout history every land has been conquered by somepeople or some tribe at some time or another. This I know for the Bible Tells Me So.

Just my .02 :)

Jesse R. Kirchhoff

What is "Professional" about making it "policy" to hire illegals so that you can have an unfair advantage over your compitition by having less overhead? What is professional or compassionate about taking advantage of a persons illegal status and paying them a less-than-living wage that you know they can't pay thier bills with so they have to take on second and third jobs? Nothing unprofessional or racist about wanting a level playing field for doing business. If I have to have insurance to drive my truck then so should everyone else. If I have to pay taxes on income from my business, then so should other business owners. If I have to be Licensed to do business, then so should all Businesses.

Hiring an Illegal gives a business an unfair advantage over a law abiding business. Taking advantage of an Illegal by paying them less than they are worth is what is unethical. I recently sold a Lawn Care Business to a LEGAL Immigrant. That is the American Dream. He Charges what the work is worth and isn't driving down wages. Legal is all I ask for. It cost more to be Legal in this Country and being illegal gives them an unfair advantage when it come to doing business.

It's not surprising how much is from speculation and fear more than fact. I have no problems with legal immigrants, they still have a good work ethic coming here and they are hungry to get established which equates to them working hard in order to succeed. It would be worth every $ to have one on my team.

I was completely embarrassed by the minutemen in our area who had nothing better to do than document all the comings and goings of day laborers and contractors at popular pick up sites. They made such a stink about how these people were taking jobs from the American people. Truth be known, the jobs these people were doing were the ones that a naturalized citizen or second generation citizen wouldn't even want.

Most of them complain it doesn't pay enough and want the big cushy jobs with all the bennies and the top dollar pay and then they sit on their cans wasting time and money from those that they work for and drive costs up for the rest of us. I would not be able to hire one of these types because the market wont support the wages they want (ie:$25/hr & ^) And even if I did, I don't very much feel that they would pull their own weight.

This is my opinion and it is based upon what I have come across to date during interviews with people who want too much and to top it all off don't even have the skill set to do the job to begin with...they have to be trained first and that is a crap shoot on whether they are going to make it or bail and become your competition.

I say quit complaining about the immigrants, more often than not, it's the ones who already live here that are spoiled. I'll take someone with a good work ethic anyday.

Rod!~

New York City’s Republican mayor, Mike Bloomberg may have summed up best when he wrote the following in today’s Wall Street Journal: “In New York City, 500,000 of our more than three million immigrants are here illegally. Although they broke the law by illegally crossing our borders or overstaying their visas, our economy would be a shell of itself had they not, and it would collapse if they were deported. The same holds true for the nation…Now, instead of pointing fingers about the past, let's accept the present for what it is by bringing people out of the shadows, and focus on the future by casting those shadows aside, permanently.”

that's so touching....:lgsick: I think Bloomberg has been drinking too much Kool-Aid!

Jesse.....that's beautiful man...good job.

Now my 2 cents....No one in our country illegally should be able to receive any social services except emergency medical services. Efforts should be made to deport illegal aliens. Our borders should be made secure both against illegal entry of persons and potential threats to national security. U.S. citizenship and Immigration services procedures for obtaining work permits and citizenship should be streamlined so that law-abiding people around the world can more easily contribute to and enjoy America's greatness.

Legal immigration has always been good for our country and I support it 100%....but the key term is Legal

Personally, the thing that bothers me the most is the way so many of us Americans look down our noses at anyone who was not born here, and treat immigrants in general like they are subhuman. Many Americans treat immigrants, legal or illegal the same when we see them, and hey folks, by looking at a person you can NOT tell if they are legal or not. Also, I'm really sick of hearing people refer to all Hispanics as Mexicans. It is true that Mexico is one country that speaks Spanish as its native language, but it is not the only one... there are many. Lastly....why are immigrants equated with Hispanics? Ever stop to look at the number of middle easterners, Asians, and others? Why is there legality never suspect? Are they not capable of illegal status as well?

Beth

Most of them complain it doesn't pay enough and want the big cushy jobs with all the bennies and the top dollar pay and then they sit on their cans wasting time and money from those that they work for and drive costs up for the rest of us. I would not be able to hire one of these types because the market wont support the wages they want (ie:$25/hr & ^) And even if I did, I don't very much feel that they would pull their own weight.

I hate to say it Rod but that sounds like the same thing a home owner would say that does not want to hire a "Certified Contractor" that pays their employees a decent wage and maybe even the dirty little word "benefits"

These very same home owners that would use this excuse are making 3x what we do and have a full benefit package with retirement.

I know that you did not meen it that way but this is the attitude I run across daily.

Beth...you are exactly right...anyone that treats others as subhuman or like they're better than the next needs some attitude adjustment.

It's kinda funny you mention this. I have gotten so many accounts because the hispanic cook or any worker for that matter would move jobs and convince the owner to use me as their hood cleaner. I get along with just about everybody, because I don't treat people differently. Rich, poor, white, black, mexican, democrat, republican, atheist, muslim.....we are all from the same dirt from which God created us.

I know what you mean but in the real world, those people want the lowest dollar possible to get their work done and that is fine but they inadvertently make the market for the low baller stronger and yet they can really afford the going rate for a legit company. Yes, I sneak a look into the garage as I walk by and yes I do see a great deal of BMW's, Lexus, Mercedes, Porsche and some Alpha Romeo's. And these people don't want to pay what a job is really worth because their education has taught them that hiring a new company is more lucrative for them because they get an eager owner who wants to build the business and can do it for less than the more established ones and still get a decent job provided the experience is there. Plus, they have been there in some way during their past, they know the ropes, they have the inside track.

So who is to blame? What does it matter in the scheme of things when most peoples decisions are based upon the bottom line? Yes, we pay well, we have bennies, we have all the bases covered but with that comes a huge price and it's called overhead. The higher the overhead the smaller the market for your price. This could go on.....

Rod!~

There is no one size fits all solution. I use a landscaper to maintain my property. Its a family operation, no ethnic worker has ever come to my house. Thats not why I chose this company. My parents used the father and now the sons and cousins do all the work. But just about every other company in the area has Mexicans doing everything. So what? Are you going to pay $75 to have your lawn done every week? If that was the going rate, I'd buy a riding mower. So would many of my neighbors. Now we just put a local business owner out of business. Who does that help?

Live and let live. There are plenty of opportunities for me to make money in this great country. How can you blame a person for wanting to come to this country and escape the plight they live in? Every father wants a better life for his sons and daughters. Most Mexican immigrants work very hard. When I hired them in the past they had to have a SS# and I took taxes from their wages. Did they work for less? Not really. Maybe a dollar or two an hour. I wasn't running a national conglomerate that employed a thousand people so my competitors couldn't complain I had an unfair advantage.

If a guy is running an illegal operation and using all non-resident aliens then he will get his, one way or the other. It is not for me to waste time or emotion trying to make things right. Let God sort that stuff out.

Right on Ken. Take a look at US history over the past 200 yrs. Same old isolationist nonsense. Germans, Poles, Irish, Italians. My inlaws had to change their last name just to rent an apartment in New York.

Learn a lesson in what made this country and will continue to make this country the best nation on earth.