Sign in to follow this  
dlamontm98

Showroom floors and garages

In my business I mostly concentrate on the floor side of things. I will probably start offering epoxy floor coatings in garages and small warehouses--I have already sent out a proposal to advertising place who is interested in this service (Instead of painting their concrete). I am going to be my first customer---the idea of having a nice glossy color to match the decor of my house looks and sounds great. I will be able to offer solid colors or even the granite look. Instead of having a garage full of oil stains and cracks---I can give my garage and my future customers a showroom floor look of their own.

What brand of epoxy floor sealer are you going to use? I am looking to do my garage floor, and am looking for a recommendation. Can you post a link to the product. I'm presently considering Rustoleum's new epoxycoat, or Durall floor coatings. Thanks

I am looking at durall myself. They are suppose to send me some samples. From what i can tell they have been around for years. I was also looking at another company out of Arizona as well. I will try to get there website address---I was really impreseed with Durall though. I can't wait until the information hits my doorstep. I'll keep you posted.

Yes, Durall is a commercial garde, but it can be used in your garage. I really don't want a do it yourself kit (in my opinion: you will doing it yourself many more times over) The commercial grade will at least last up to 10 years, possibly more. Plus you will have that showroom shine like commercial industries. Durall manufactures their own product as well. The hole process takes about 2 or 3 days to complete. It won't hurt the car or truck to stay out the garage that long.

Just wondering, but after a while some of these floors start to get scratches from normal traffic and look not so new.... How do you return them to a better looking state? Buff them? Apply all new sealant?

I have used the Rustoleum Epoxy shield kit for a couple of customers and it works very well and looks great. The only downside is that it only comes in 2 colors, Grey and Tan. Once the floor is painted cars should stay off for 7 days to let it cure. It will handle light foot traffic after 24 hours. I was looking to try another brand that offers more colors, but they are usually much more expensive and most people flip out about $70/gal/bay for the epoxy shield paint. I'd hate to hear what they say when you tell them the paint will cost $100+ per/gal for just a one car garage. If it's a 3 car (common in my area) $$$$. Most people don't want to spend big bucks on their garage unless they have show cars or just have lots of extra $$$ laying around.