Sign in to follow this  
packman

Hello Guys and Gals

Question

I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself and let everyone know what a great place I think you have here. I have been sitting on the sidelines searching, reading and taking notes. It is wonderful to have a place where people are so willing to help each other out. I hope to be to a point soon where I can give back rather than just taking as I am now. We are located in Cary, NC just a little west of Raleigh. We own and operate a commercial cleaning business and are responsible for the interior cleaning of 40 plus buildings each night, mostly banks. We have had a trailer mounted unit built with a Landa 6GPM hot water machine and a 225 gal tank. We also purchased a 24" Steel Eagle surface unit. Our plans are to pursue the residential market, concentrating on roof work but obviously trying to package house washing, drives, patios, decks, fences and so forth. We may pursue some commercial (mostly flatwork) as we grow in size and expertise.

With all that being said, I do have an immediate question (and probably many more to come.) The question is pertaining to general liability insurance. I have done searches on this board and others, but have not really come away with any definitive answers. I realize different companies write different policies in different states. For example, I contacted Farm Bureau here in NC and was told they didn't write P/W polices here. I contacted The Hartford, who carries our policy for our other company and they were very skittish about quoting us unless we assured them we would never set foot on a rooftop. I have talked to Joseph D. Walters Agency in Bethel Park, PA and they were very happy to quote us, but I have heard some negative things about them. I would appreciate any input either on the board or I would be happy to call you if you would prefer.

Again let me say how happy I am to be involved in this great profession.

Thanks,

Packman

10 answers to this question

Joe Walters agency has been great for me. I had a theft claim at the beginning of the year and they were very helpful and went above and beyond to get me back out working. Also, they did not raise my rates at renewal time. They are roughly 3/4 the premium that I got quoted locally for less coverage.

Packman (assuming you're an NC State fan - I won't hold it against you LOL) Give me a call at the office tomorrow if you like and I'll hook you up with an NC agent to handle both your GL and Workers comp :)

Celeste

Pacman,

Protective insurance located downtown Apex. I have a policy with them through

Erie. Call Amy @ 362-8518. Whats yor company name. Sounds like you go to MVP

with that Landa. James and Diego are great.

Check out Celeste's offer. If that doesn't work out for you the I would give Joe Walters another call. He is my insurance agent and he if by far the best price that I could get in my area and he insures many many Powerwashers so he knows exactly how to insure you correctly where God forbid something was to go wrong you would know that you are completely covered.

Also I met Joe a few times and what a heck of a nice guy..I highly recommend him.

John is right. You won't meet a nicer guy than Joe Walters. When we were a deck cleaning operation we used Joe. Now that we are a distrubutor, we still use him. He knows the biz well.

Welcome to the community. Good luck in your ventures.

Thanks for all your responses. I really appreciate the help. Looks as if I just ran across some people with an ax to grind with Walters. Anyway, I appreciate you guys taking the time to help out.

Packman