Sign in to follow this  
Guest Danebob

How are the Window cleaners doing?

Guest Danebob

How are the window cleaners doing. I'm Dane from NC. I started cleaning windows in March 2005. Its putting me through school very well. I started up for about $700 from scratch. I recently added pressure washing.

So, What does every one use out there for cleaning windows. I've been useing a concentrate called "Glissten" for over a year and a half and very much pleased.

Well, hope to here from some other Window Cleaners.

I started window cleaning when I was 15 in the neighborhood (12 years ago) it was great for me and I always had money in my pocket. I would consider getting a tucker water-fed pole and going to a Deionized water set up. That will allow you to clean the windows on the exterior from the ground. up to 50 ft up. Get both the 45ft tucker and the tucker junior as it is much better for first story and is much lighter. Don't use garden hoses to feed the pole but get 250 ft of air hose on a reel with quick connects and water shut off. I don't use a soap dispenser anymore because the DI water has cleaned so well for me. I power wash the screens that is much faster then brushing them and gets all the dirt off of them. You'll have to use squeegees on the inside but as you probably know be careful of drips. (Use a drop towel) Also I really like the micro fiber cloths to wipe your squeegee blade. I have enjoyed learning the super swirl. Also a bucket on a belt helps a lot. But if I were you I would focus on deck and fence staining. Before I added that into my business the most I ever would make in a day is around 400-500 with staining I have had many days that were twice that in my first year. I would highly recommend giving that a shot.

Ken

The waterfed pole business is booming in the UK & slowly coming round here in Spain. I think the advancement in the pole side is really looking good in the UK with lighter poles being developed & going up to 60 foot +. The reason for this is the modification of fishing poles. With the H&S getting firm on ladder use & deaths at height, most commercial work can only be done with this method now.

Like wfp that has a steep learning curve, I use GG4 made by Titan labs that also has a steep learning curve for squeegee work. The finish is remarkable though. I also find that using Sörbo gear cuts down on detailing.