Sign in to follow this  
M Hinderliter

Responses to PWNA Press Release dated Sept.14th - split thread

This was sent to me to be posted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quakertown, PA., Sept. 9 – Power Washers of North America (PWNA) the recognized leader of the pressure washing industry, is excited to announce that Michael Beaudry has accepted the position of Executive Vice-President (EVP) of the association. Michael and his staff will oversee the operations of PWNA. Michael holds a similar position with the North American Deck and Railing Association (NADRA).

1. PWNA has experienced recent strong growth and success that now requires the leadership of a true dedicated professional like Mr. Beaudry to continue to be able to fill the needs of its members and maintain this momentum . With growth comes excitement and new opportunities, and the excitement these days comes from the addition of Michael and his staff to the PWNA family.

Michael has a proven track record with the hugely successful NADRA organization. In 3 short years this association has journeyed from inception to distinction, boasting a mind boggling membership increase of very successful and loyal members. The PWNA is honored to be associated with a team that has the proven track record that Michael Beaudry and NADRA have achieved.

The opportunities and synergy that currently exists between the two associations is also exciting as we approach future plans and developments. Michael wants to get to know the entire scope of the association and would like to get some “real world” experience in various disciplines of the pressure washing industry such as kitchen exhaust cleaning and flatwork.

Michael asks that members feel free to call him and introduce themselves. If you call him, don’t be surprised if he asks to come out and work with you for a day!

There will be a short transition period as Michael and his staff take over the reins. All of the projects we are currently working on and the amazing increase in the number of calls to our office over the last month or two really overwhelmed our one-person workforce. With Team Beaudry on board, we are confident that our office is ready to serve all the needs of members and prospective members. If you have experienced any problems getting through to us recently, we’d like to apologize and let you know that this change will address the situation almost immediately.

Your cooperation and continued support of the PWNA during this transition is appreciated.

For more information about PWNA contact the offices at (800)393-7962 or by e-mail at pwnahq@pwna.org. You may also visit PWNA on the Web at www.pwna.org

I am curious, if Michael Beaudry is the Executive Vice-President (EVP), who is the Executive President (EP)?

Matthew, you are still fairly active with the org, right? How do you (and other members reading this post) feel about having no input on bringing in an outsider to a B.O.D. position? I'm not saying its a bad thing. Outside help in the form of a true businessman may be what the PWNA needs. I just take it from your post that you would like to have had at least the opportunity to provide input. Is this S.O.P for the PWNA?

I have asked several questions on the PWNA BBS. Henry has agreed to answer my questions, I am waiting for his written reply. Sometimes I feel that I am just paying rent on the Logo for 195.00 per year.

The PWNA has become a complex org with its diverse membership, BOD's member affilliations, Interwoven relationships with educational companies and staff that are influential and active within the organization. With all of that being said, I like to use the logo on my marketing and website. As long as membership fees dont substantially increase, it is an org that serves my needs at this time.

When you look at the membership numbers, Less than 10 percent of the membership post on the BBS or follow the post on the BBS; I am not sure if this is a positive or negative attribute.

So, okay, is the BOD or who ever made the decision since the members never get input, deciding that having one person (Regina who was great IMO) address the members, etc... a bad idea??????? Did they make a mistake? What happens to the office that the PWNA had in NJ?

Celeste

I like that Logo Rental Mathew that is how I felt after I had joined. Then you also speak about the other issues which brings it down to select individuals and that is why we left.

I originally asked the question to find out if the title to the position had changed or if a new position had been created or did someone really not understand the bylaws of the association and refer to the position incorrectly. The title is confusing. Why have two vice presidents? There is or was an Executive BOD and this would mean Michael and Everett both hold the same title. I think they should stick with Executive Chairman as it has always been, changing the name now makes no since unless they just want to jazz things up for marketing with fancy titles. I can't really object to being fancy it just should not be confusing.

I know that many changes have been made to the bylaws in the past couple of years. And for the life of me a don't remember getting an updated version. It would be nice to see one. I looked on the PWNA website and there is no place for members to download it. With all the changes over last few years this would be a cost effective way to get it to the membership.

Mathew,

Your post on the PWNA TBS was right on the money. I just wonder why Henry feels the BOD can't or shouldn't communicate to the member ship through their forum. If you notice they have closed that thread on the PWNA TBS. From what I read, Henry is basically refusing to answer your question in a public. You must call PWNA HQ or call a BOD member. It make no sense to me why it can't be answered publically. If you choose to do so please let us know what the response is.

Let me pose this question to the members of the PWNA or anyone else for that matter. Do you really feel that having a "logo", or a "certification" legitimizes your business? then ask yourself this. How often do you hire a guy or gal to do work for you because they have a certification from some organization?

Most of the people I have hired over the years come from a recommendation or word of mouth. Never have I had to ask someone for there certification to cut my lawn, or install my toilet, or hang my wallpaper. I know exactly how many certifications I have in Powerwashing...ZERO. But I sure wash a lot of houses and decks every summer and noone asks if I'm certified.

From what I gather of the PWNA it sounds like a few guys (who have powerwashing cos.) got together and formed an organization that could further enhance themselves financially. They began teaching classes for a fee and giving out certificates afterwards. And noone knows if they are really teaching you the way to do it correctly, just look at these boards. there are many ways that people clean wood, vinyl, shingles and fleets. All of this information is readily available for FREE and most often times you're going to do it how you like to do it.

This PWNA (from what little I know and have seen or read about) seems like it may be getting away from itself when they decide the membership isn't entitled to opinions, or answers to questions.

and that's why I haven't joined

I originally asked the question to find out if the title to the position had changed or if a new position had been created or did someone really not understand the bylaws of the association and refer to the position incorrectly. The title is confusing. Why have two vice presidents? There is or was an Executive BOD and this would mean Michael and Everett both hold the same title. I think they should stick with Executive Chairman as it has always been, changing the name now makes no since unless they just want to jazz things up for marketing with fancy titles. I can't really object to being fancy it just should not be confusing.

I know that many changes have been made to the bylaws in the past couple of years. And for the life of me a don't remember getting an updated version. It would be nice to see one. I looked on the PWNA website and there is no place for members to download it. With all the changes over last few years this would be a cost effective way to get it to the membership.

Mathew,

Your post on the PWNA TBS was right on the money. I just wonder why Henry feels the BOD can't or shouldn't communicate to the member ship through their forum. If you notice they have closed that thread on the PWNA TBS. From what I read, Henry is basically refusing to answer your question in a public. You must call PWNA HQ or call a BOD member. It make no sense to me why it can't be answered publically. If you choose to do so please let us know what the response is.

Just returned from sunny Florida last night

I sent a letter to Everette recently..... The issue runs much deeper than this one instance. I have brought into question the business practice of past PWNA decisions; I just percieve the ethical aspects of them differently from others. I wont address the specific issues here on Beths BBS, but I will post my concerns to my website in the near future explaing why I support the PWNA mission, but detailing why i cant support the leadership and Why I am no longer a member, and I will likely send a letter to each PWNA member outlining the same. This is just how I percieve and interperate the process of PWNA operations and decision making.

Do I think that Everette, Henry and others will agree with me, absolutely not, but this is America and it is OK not to agree with each other. Correct me if I am wrong, .... I think that there has been more censorship on the PWNA BBS since Henry has become administrator and since the BBS is closed than when was open to the public.... It is used when convienent and censored when convienent

I feel that People who dont or wont speak or write in public may have something to hide , They closed the PWNA website BBS for members only to see, Why not answer the questions there? Got me running by the sneakers LOL.

In answer to your question Mike, I am not going to call PWNA HQ for answers. They closed the BBS down to nonmembers to use as a communication tool for members. I have asked for communication via the BBS, But as usual, it is used to answer questions and dissiminate information only when convienant to those in charge

But enough is enough

Just returned from sunny Florida last night

I sent a letter to Everette recently..... The issue runs much deeper than this one instance. I have brought into question the business practice of past PWNA decisions; I just percieve the ethical aspects of them differently from others. I wont address the specific issues here on Beths BBS, but I will post my concerns to my website in the near future explaing why I support the PWNA mission, but detailing why i cant support the leadership and Why I am no longer a member, and I will likely send a letter to each PWNA member outlining the same. This is just how I percieve and interperate the process of PWNA operations and decision making.

Do I think that Everette, Henry and others will agree with me, absolutely not, but this is America and it is OK not to agree with each other.Correct me if I am wrong, .... I think that there has been more censorship on the PWNA BBS since Henry has become administrator and since the BBS is closed than when was open to the public.... It is used when convienent and censored when convienent

I feel that People who dont or wont speak or write in public may have something to hide , They closed the PWNA website BBS for members only to see, Why not answer the questions there? Got me running by the sneakers LOL.

In answer to your question Mike, I am not going to call PWNA HQ for answers. They closed the BBS down to nonmembers to use as a communication tool for members. I have asked for communication via the BBS, But as usual, it is used to answer questions and dissiminate information only when convienant to those in charge

But enough is enough

Look for the thread down the road titled: Ethical business practice or Not.... You decide

In the press release it mentioned that for those members that have questions feel free to call Michael himself.

I did ask a Board Member if the new position had a job description..... I was interested in what the accountability is and on what performance criteria he will be evaluated

PS \: Hi Carlos.... Hope all is well!

The By-Laws have changed at will in the past year or so....several changes not even mentioned to the general membership. What does that tell you?

Celeste

My first impression? That ****** are running the show. But they don't have to answer to me and I don't want to slander anyone. I have seen Mathew's pic (or read him mentioned) in a bunch of WaterWorks publication. if he is saying this stuff, something is foul in Denmark.

Logo rental? For what? I'll have Keith design a wicked looking logo, come up with an org name (The Pressure Washing Followers of United Common Kinship for instance) and you guys can send me $20 for a lifetime membership. I guarantee it will look good on your business cards.

My first impression? That ****** are running the show. But they don't have to answer to me and I don't want to slander anyone. I have seen Mathew's pic (or read him mentioned) in a bunch of WaterWorks publication. if he is saying this stuff, something is foul in Denmark.

Remember the education classes thread that Ron started here? It seemed then that certain BOD members were very uneasy with some of the questions being asked. I'd be curious to hear what things are causing Matthew to abandon ship.

Very interesting thread.

I for one cannot honestly comment on the state of affair that is going on with the PWNA. Certainly their have been some eybrows raised in the past regarding some of the decisions that were made and I am sure this one will be no different.

In defense of the organization and Everett I certainly have seen and heard less critisism than from years past. As a non-member I am not privy to the daily pulse of the organization but I think we are all hopefully optimistic that this change is for the betterment of the industry and not just certain individuals in this industry.

Matt ~ things are well on this end. Hope Florida was nice!!

In defense of the organization and Everett I certainly have seen and heard less critisism than from years past. As a non-member I am not privy to the daily pulse of the organization but I think we are all hopefully optimistic that this change is for the betterment of the industry and not just certain individuals in this industry.

Carlos you’re correct, but the only reason is they have closed that down by telling BOD not to post on other bbs and they don’t answer question publicly. Many have just given up.