Sign in to follow this  
M Hinderliter

Responses to PWNA Press Release dated Sept.14th - split thread

if you want the truth it probably cannot be told here. Not saying that this bbs is not truly free at all. Beth has a proffesional responsibility as a writer for the cleanertime & PWNA.

Posting the truth or so called truth would not be politically correct.

If i did i would need a promise that it would not be removed or edited.

Mike, I kinda agree with this decision. I have seen less crap from members and non-members since they stopped trying to defend the PWNA about all the negative aspects.

They are truly starting to run it more like a business. Do I agree how they achieve this? NO

Personally Mathew should be able to write and e-mail and receive and answer in writing. Or a phone call returned. Even regina could have read his request and called him.

Remember the education classes thread that Ron started here?

Thats the same reasons i question even posting here about the org.

I support any positive motion forward, I truly believe that often you sell out for long haul.

Education programs are wraped up into alot of dollars.

Henry told me himself he does not own a sunbrite store, yet people have accused him of owning it. I straight asked if that was his wife and i guess its his daughter. Rumors!!!!!!!!!!!

Henry told me himself he does not own a sunbrite store, yet people have accused him of owning it. I straight asked if that was his wife and i guess its his daughter. Rumors!!!!!!!!!!!

Henry's wife, Linda Bockman does run the store. They have invested very heavily in the store. Their daughter Nicole also works there. Henry often takes the phone calls. They were behide the cash register the day the store opened. Rod and I were there, stopped in to wish them luck with their new store.

Beth

Henry is now teaching for Alliance as well - since they (Alliance) are clearly not a non-profit, he gets monetary compensation from a for-profit company benefitting from a contract awarded to (a BOD member owner) of a non-profit organization. I know a large number of members have never accepted those awards as ethical behavior.

Celeste

Henry is now teaching for Alliance as well - since they (Alliance) are clearly not a non-profit, he gets monetary compensation from a for-profit company benefitting from a contract awarded to (a BOD member owner) of a non-profit organization. I know a large number of members have never accepted those awards as ethical behavior.

Celeste

Now that's interesting. The more I hear, the less I like the idea of joining.

This was from a press release I got recently:

Henry Bockman was just selected as one of the instructors for the Power Washers of North America's training and certification program. Bockman will become one of the instructors for the Power Wash 101 and the House, Roof, & Lo-Rise Building Cleaning course.

The goal of this opportunity is to create a training video showcasing proper house washing techniques to be used in the PWNA's training and certification program. This new course will train pressure washing companies all over the Country on the proper techniques for exterior house washing, building cleaning and roof cleaning methods approved by the Power Washers of North America.

Alliance holds the contract for those "PWNA" courses.

Celeste

This was from a press release I got recently:

Henry Bockman was just selected as one of the instructors for the Power Washers of North America's training and certification program. Bockman will become one of the instructors for the Power Wash 101 and the House, Roof, & Lo-Rise Building Cleaning course.

The goal of this opportunity is to create a training video showcasing proper house washing techniques to be used in the PWNA's training and certification program. This new course will train pressure washing companies all over the Country on the proper techniques for exterior house washing, building cleaning and roof cleaning methods approved by the Power Washers of North America.

Alliance holds the contract for those "PWNA" courses.

Celeste

I'd really really like to see what method the PWNA calls "approved" for roof cleaning! Do any PWNA members sell Sodium Hydroxide products? If so, I'd be willing to be that's the approved method.

It is my understanding that during the courses (of which I have never attended BTW) the instructors do not use name brands during instruction, only the chemical name. BUT, if the class is held through a SunBrite store, what do you think happens after the class?

Celeste

It is my understanding that during the courses (of which I have never attended BTW) the instructors do not use name brands during instruction, only the chemical name. BUT, if the class is held through a SunBrite store, what do you think happens after the class?

Celeste

Good thing there are some experienced roof cleaners here in FL who are willing to hold free "training classes" showing folks the proper way to clean a shingle or tiled roof!

Henry personally does not own the store, however, his wife's corporation does. A small quickie search of public records shows that for a fact.

Celeste

The Powe Washers of North America is the recognized leader in developing and communiction the highest standards in ethical business practices,

This is the first line of the PWNA mission statement.... I dont feel that we as an organization are practicing what they (we) preach. I think if the general membership looked at the details of current events and the process of what has happened and is happening in an objective manner, they would agree.

I don't expect the BOD to agree with my perception and views, but the events speak for themselves..... It is what it is. There is a reason no one is defending the PWNA .

I would try to start a thread to get answers on the PWNA BBS, But it would just get closed.

The Powe Washers of North America is the recognized leader in developing and communiction the highest standards in ethical business practices,

Recognized by whom has always been a popular question. Given the behavior of the "higher ups" lately, maybe being unrecognized by the general public (ie homeowners) is becoming a blessing in disguise.

Celeste

I guess we are saying they are not ethical???????

I they allow other to teach and hire other schools such as phil akland and other to educate the members then they are being fair.

If they monopolized the training and continue to be BOD then there would be a conflict.

Henry flat told me that he had no affiliation with the Sunbrite store in any matter other than his daughter works there. If he his wife owns the store then I could see that would be a conflict if they did not allow other members as vendor to be BOD.

So I guess the question would be can we start a educational program and would the PWNA endorse us the same way they have endorsed alliance.

The training is going to be good training then shouldn’t the training facility be good. Is the real issue we need good places to learn to bring the industry standards up?

I cannot make accusation about others without proof; rumors are no good and often can spoil the end results.

If concessions have been made and behind close door deals and the end result is the org. turns for the better, then provo!!!!!!!

I guess we are saying they are not ethical???????

Henry flat told me that he had no affiliation with the Sunbrite store in any matter other than his daughter works there. If he his wife owns the store then I could see that would be a conflict if they did not allow other members as vendor to be BOD.

I cannot make accusation about others without proof; rumors are no good and often can spoil the end results.

As I stated previously, a simple search of public record with the State of Maryland shows filed documentation that Henry's wife incorporated the company that is the registered owner of SunBrite Supply of Maryland, filed a DBA for said facility.

Henry put out a press release that he is teaching the PWNA courses - which are taught by Alliance. He is on the BOD.

Where is the question?

Celeste

As I stated previously, a simple search of public record with the State of Maryland shows filed documentation that Henry's wife incorporated the company that is the registered owner of SunBrite Supply of Maryland, filed a DBA for said facility.

if you have the search then lets see it, I tried and had no luck.