Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Preparing for winter

Those of you in the northern lattitudes know that as October draws closer, the season is winding down and it is time to start preparing for winter.

Most know of the usual installing antifreeze in the machines pumps and so on...but what else do you do to prepare?

Rod!~

Both machines go into a climate controlled warehouse. All remaining PW'ing gear is offloaded into my shed. Bucket truck gets rented out daily. Box truck filled with interior painting essentials. Owner takes vacations, analyzes numbers, formulates budget and reads The Grime Scene.

I just ordered an Enclosed trailer. Will be getting it outfitted this winter. Roll out this spring with a Moving Billboard. Spend the winter putting together a mailer campaign.

Ken, did you get that email with the blank mailer attatched?

Got to love the South.

We get ready for winter by breaking out the long sleave shirts LOL. I might even have to wear a jacket for a couple months

But really we run antifreeze through machines any night it calls for cold weather. I didnt do that once last year and it screwed up a pump bad.

Good luck to all you Northern PWers hope its a fast warm winter, unless you plow

I prepare by putting away my speedos :), and that cream which relieves much uncomfort brought on by high humidity.....itching!!!!

Can't wait to leave the windows open at night! :)

Before we get to winter, yet, we still have a good 8 + weeks left of good weather, but for some reason it seems like this fall has been unusually slow

here, has anyone else felt the pinch, we are usually alot busier in Sept. Oct

and it has really slacked off, compared with the last 3-5 years..???

At present, I'm chasing car dealerships for monthly cleaning of their shop floors. Got one so far (long way to go), at least it's a start. I figure if I can get 20 in GTA (greater Toronto area), I can justify two employee salaries. Saves having to do as much retraining in the spring.

Just bringing back an old thread one year after - as it's that time of year again. Has anyone ever devised clever ways of keeping pressure washing through a winter - has anyone ever had any success with melting ice damns and what not? I imagine for the most part - not much, at least making it worth bringing out the ol' trailers.

Windshield washer fluid is my best friend during the winter. Hopefully going to enclosed and heater next year hopefully!!! Man ole man, why do u have to bring up the cold nights already go'n to hit 90 this week!!!

Yup, I have to agree with Dave O, And boy is it a pain in the but to keep working in the winter! We have alot of inside power washing work but the rig is still out so back to the fun 12 step processes of winterizing all the machines! Can't wait tho to get that new Carpet rig that will do 3000 psi @5.5! then no more winterizing just keep the heat up in the van!

Don't have to worry too much about the cold down here. Things slow down but I still get calls here and there. Did my first job of this year on New Year's Day. Temps can go below freezing at night but warm right back up when the sun comes up. My trailer stays in an enclosed shop so don't anti freeze often.