Sign in to follow this  
dlamontm98

Scrubbing VCT???

I am a new user---I'm glad I found this message board, finally one covering floor care. Well, a little background about myself--I use to use strip, wax and buff floors in the Navy for 9 yrs. My question is concerning scrubbing VCT. What type of floor pad would I use? I want to take up at least a layer of wax and add a new coat once I finish scrubbing. Which pad would give me the best srcubbing action?--blue, green or blue pad. This is for a daycare center.

Please respond--Thanks

Hi,

And WELCOME to The Grime Scene! :)

First off, do us a favor and change your profile to give your name and where you are. We're like a family here. :)

Use the blue pad to remove the top layer of the finish and any build in dirt or heel marks.

Now if you are stripping the of course you need the black pad and the appropriate stripping product.

Again, welcome! :)

Beth & Rod

Administrators

Thanks for giving me that information. The blue pad--ok. I am trying to remove some of the heel marks and scuffs. After I finish scrubbing I was going to add a layer of wax then high speed buff the floor. Oh yeah, I added my name, which is Derek Morgan and the name of my company-- Pro-Team Cleaning Services.

Thanks for letting me join the family.

Derek