Sign in to follow this  
squirtgun

estimating Sheet

i know this site is for helping out each other so please dont take this the wrong way but there had to be 40 guys in this biz asking for estimate sheets these r simpleton items that u should alredy have or had made up for you too many guys wanna business that sound like they really arent putting full throttle effort in i know everyone will say its about getting ideas but im positive theyll be more guys just throwing there name on the top of it saying this is how we do business.I would be quite embarresed if i gave the same estimate sheet to a customer as someone else did.

Yes this is a site for helping and sharing information! It does not matter how long someone has been in business. Its always good to look at other ways of doing things. Whether its a new way of cleaning or paperwork. Someone always has a better way to word things or a better page setup. There is nothing wrong with people asking for this type of paperwork to compare to there own to see if they can improve on what they allready have.

The sheet I sent out to everyone is a older one that I dont even use anymore. I have a new and improved version That I use now. Oh yea the new version came from someone elses sheet that I improved on for my use.

Comparing estimating sheets is just plain smart business. No one can think of everything, but by sharing and comparing sheets perhaps we will all discover ways we can improve our sheets and protect ourselves from liability while communicating more clearly to the consumer.

I would hope that anyone who gets a copy of someone else's sheet would make the changes needed to accomodate their own business.

I am using Quickbooks Contractor Premier version. It does a great job of quote production and keeps track of customers dates etc. You build your on list of prices and even can build in your discounts etc. contact me directly for more info. Arnold

Would anyone be will to share their estimate sheet for Pwing???Something that includes house,deck,concrete.We have always hand written quotes and would like to move to something we can print on the computer.

Thanks

squirtgun

Thank you everyone,no excel or qiuckbooks yet...we are getting quickboks in a couple of weeks.

Dale, Your fingers must be tired from typeing all those e-mail addy's. :)

Why don't you sign up for one of those free file sharing programs like, Yahoo! Briefcase.

Then all you would have to do is upload your file to it and then post a link to it here.

Then, anyone that wants the file can go and get it ! :deal:

I'd like to know if anyone ever heard from Dale or got a copy of his estimate sheet. I know I never did. In looking thru past posts I don't even see where he ever replied to anyone.

Just wondering is all.

Dale closed up shop, but logs in occasionally. He may not respond to this thread, but we should all keep helping one another out.

Beth

p.s. you can upload a PDF on this site, and a few other formats too.

I am hoping we can redirect the energy in this thread. Anyone who wants to help, there are certainly people here who are asking for samples.

The people here need help. If anyone has info they are willing to share this is a great time to jump in and help.

Beth :groovy:

What kind of estimating sheet? I have one for decks that Mike Hughes did years back that I have tweaked. He did a great job with it. I include the sf calculation sheet with every bid.

Reed