Sign in to follow this  
squirtgun

estimating Sheet

A copy would might help me decide if I want to persue this line of work. I have been thinking about adding this to my other services but I still have a lot to learn. Sounds like this might be a huge help. I use QB Contractors and have Excel.Thanks.

sdsinc@verizon.net

i know this site is for helping out each other so please dont take this the wrong way but there had to be 40 guys in this biz asking for estimate sheets these r simpleton items that u should alredy have or had made up for you too many guys wanna business that sound like they really arent putting full throttle effort in i know everyone will say its about getting ideas but im positive theyll be more guys just throwing there name on the top of it saying this is how we do business.I would be quite embarresed if i gave the same estimate sheet to a customer as someone else did.

Hey Joe,

I'm not on this list but your post made me decide to comment...

The guys that asked for a copy of his estimating sheet are probably just comparing thier own to his. We all know how to write the basics of an estimate but there are many different ways to actually type one out. Some may include thier process on power washing, their chemicals that they use and much more. As for being embarresed about handing out the same estimating sheet as someone else, how do you know your not doing it now?

The form I use is quite simple, it's also a contract. It gives the customer options on which service they would like, types of sealers, an area for estimating their home, decks, patios, driveways and walkways all on one 3 part ncr form. It even has a disclaimer for powerwashing Aluminum siding. As I said, it works well for me and it puts everything into simple words that clients can understand without any confusion.